Toot! for Mastodon 17+
Social networking that is nice
- Offers In-App Purchases
Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has wide support for most features in Mastodon.
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
Also, many icons by icons8.com.
* Fixed a problem with translation language selection.
* Fixed the display of hashtag names on the instance screen.
* Fixed loading instances when adding a new server.
* Fixed toot editing to be available on v3.5 servers.
* v21.0: You can now follow hashtags. Followed hashtags will show up in your home timeline.
* v21.0: If your server supports it, you can now translate posts with one tap! You can also adjust what language to translate into.
* v21.0: The feature to scroll back to your last position when tapping to scroll to top a second time is now optional, and off by default. If you liked it, turn it on in the settings!
* v21.0: The scroll back feature also works slightly better.
* v21.0: Fixed a crash during timeline position syncing.
* v21.0: Possible fix for a bug with scrolling to top.
Ratings and Reviews
Favorite Mastodon App
Feels like the most complete mastodon app out there! It’s definitely the one I use with the most ease and has almost all the features I find useful.
Would like to see the ability to re-hide sensitive media once opened though, like you can do on the mastodon web app. Right now you can only re-hide CWs, but sometimes sensitive image posts don’t always have CWs. Once I open a sensitive image and then scroll past it or better yet, switch tabs, I’d like it to automatically be hidden again, should I have my settings set to “always hide sensitive media”. I’m on an instance where unflagged sensitive media should be reported, and the current format makes it hard to distinguish between images i’ve clicked on vs not properly flagged ones.
Beyond that, I’m very happy with Toot! Thanks for the wonderful work on this app!
A great Mastodon client which prioritizes the comfort and safety of its users
The Mastodon social network is a great place to interact with people (especially fellow members of marginalized communities), but like any federated form of social media it is difficult to prevent certain people from trying to make it unsafe. I am glad that Toot! uses a bunch of approaches to keep its users safe, such as making it easy to switch instances, being respectful of post privacy settings, and making it possible to avoid interactions with people through the blocking system. There are also some great quality-of-life features like the zen “relax” mode and some fun Easter eggs, and the developer is incredibly responsive to bug reports and feature requests.
This app makes Mastodon a delight to use. My only complaints would be that it’s a bit harder than necessary to tune which notifications come up on my lock screen.
Thanks to the reviewer whose main complaint was that the app defaulted to blocking white-supremacist servers. Bought it on the spot lol!
Turns out it’s also a great app. I was using free Mastodon apps but found myself switching between them to get various features. This one is the most complete I tried but also most intuitive. Wish I’d gotten it when I first signed up because I was confused not being able to edit posts with one or access lists on another. Plus very whimsical and charming. Little surprises here and there. Very much worth a few bucks. And if you’re wondering what the in-app versions are, they’re just fun ways to tip this one person operation if you want. None of the features are held back, no pop ups or ads.
(No connection to the developer, just an enthusiastic user.)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dag Agren
- 30 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018-2022 Dag Ågren
- In-App Purchases
- Toot! for Men $1.99
- Toot! is too cheap $5.99