• Prohibited Airspace for Flight
Blue areas: Airspace around airports
Red areas: Densely Inhabited Districts (DID)
Yellow areas (black frame line): Important facilities
• Sunrise, sunset times
• Location, address search
• about 'Civil Aeronautics Act' in Japan
* Please be sure to check before flight:
Even if it is outside the prohibited area by civil aeronautics act, flying may be prohibited by the local government ordinance or land owner's rule.
Japan’s safety rules on Unmanned Aircraft (UA)/Drone
The term “UA/Drone” means any airplane, rotorcraft, glider or airship which cannot accommodate any person on board and can be remotely or automatically piloted (Excluding those lighter than 200g. The weight of a UA/Drone includes that of its battery.).
[Prohibited Airspace for Flight]
Any person who intends to operate a UA/Drone in the following airspaces is required to obtain permission from the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
(A) Airspace above 150m above ground level.
(B) Airspace around airports. (airspaces above approach surface, horizontal surface, transitional surface, extended approach surface, conical surface and outer horizontal surface.)
(C) Above Densely Inhabited Districts (DID), which are defined and published by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
*In this application, you can check the areas (B) and (C).
Any person who intends to operate a UA/Drone is required to follow the operational conditions listed below, unless approved by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
1. Do not operate UAs/Drone under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
2. Operation of UAs/Drone after Preflight actions.
3. Operation of UAs/Drone to prevent of collision hazard with airplane and other UAs/Drone.
4. Do not opaerate UAs/Drone in a careless or reckless manner.
5. Operation of UAs/Drone in the daytime.
6. Operation of UAs/Drone within Visual Line of Sight (VLOS).
7. Maintenance of 30m operating distance between UAs/Drone and persons or properties on the ground/ water surface.
8. Do not operate UAs/Drone over event sites where many people gather.
9. Do not transport hazardous materials such as explosives by UA/Drone.
10. Do not drop any objects from UAs/Drone.
Requirements stated in “Airspace in which Flights are Prohibited” and “Operational Limitations” are not applied to flights for search and rescue operations by public organizations in case of accidents and disasters. (Except for a part of rules.)
If the above rules are violated, the UAV operator is liable for a fine of up to 500,000 yen. (* If the 1. is violated, the UAV operator is liable for an inprisonment for up to one year or a fine of up to 300,000yen.)
[Permission & Approval]
You are required to submit an application in Japanese for the permission or approval to the Ministry of Land Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism at least 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays) before you fly a UA/Drone. For further information, please contact UA/Drone Counseling Service.(http://www.mlit.go.jp/common/001112966.pdf)
See link for details
Law prohibiting the flying of small UAV
See link for details "Untranslated"
- No-fly zones for New Chitose Airport, Narita International Airport, Tokyo International Airport, Chubu International Airport, Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport, Fukuoka Airport, Naha Airport have been added.
- The color of the airspace around the airport has been changed.
Green areas: Airspace around airports
Purple areas: No-fly space (airports)
- Updated the airspace around the airport
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s hard to tell what is considered densely inhabited, but this app makes it easy. I’m happy to find out I live out in the inaka, so my house and the park nearby are all unrestricted.
The app works just as described. It shows all the no-fly zones in Japan. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is not particularly fancy but for my needs it is perfect.
Makes drone flying easier and safer
Really great app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.