Identify birds with your camera or your microphone! Just point to the bird and we'll ID it for you. Over 1000 bird species from the United States (USA) and Canada are available, with plenty more from around the world.
With Smart Bird ID, you’ll:
• Instantly identify birds by sound (song ID) or image (photo ID)
• Add observations to your journal, and sync them across your devices
• Share your identified birds with others, and learn more about birds in your area
• Listen to bird calls and songs, and learn their sound repertoire
• Improve your identification skills with fun quizzes
• Set alerts to be notified when specific birds are near or in your backyard
Why you’ll love Smart Bird ID:
• Beautiful design and simple to use, wether you’re a beginner or an advanced birder
• Easy-to-maintain lists help you keep track of the birds in your backyard or in the field
• Huge international community, with birders sharing observations every day
• Works offline so you can ID birds everywhere
• Built & designed by a birder that’s sweating the details to make the perfect birding app
Upgrade to Smart Bird ID Pro to:
• Unlock every feature in the app with no ads
• Never lose an identified bird with cloud backup (includes photos, video and audio)
• Sync your observations across your devices
• Create memorable bird lists like life, year and yard lists
• Create a birding profile and share your observations with the community
• Set bird alerts to know about visitors in your garden or backyard
• Unlock international birds
If you purchase a Smart Bird ID Pro annual membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
- Bird song ID improvements
- You can now like and comment identifications made by other users!
- Set alerts to be notified if a bird is in your backyard!
- 25 new international birds
Ratings and Reviews
I Think I May Be A Birder Now
I’ve never been interested in birds really. But sitting outside on my deck this summer I kept hearing a bird that had a unique call unlike most I hear in my back yard. I said to my family, “Wouldn’t it be cool if there was an app like Shazam but for bird songs to help identify the species?” Next thing you know I’m in the Apple store buying this app! The next time I heard that bird I quickly whipped out the app and used the search feature with sound recording. It positively identified it as a California Quail (a bird I am familiar with but not the song/call apparently). In the app I played the male California Quail call and this bird left his perch from my neighbors tree and flew aggressively right at me! I think he was planning to take me on until he got a little closer and realized I was a bit bigger than him! He perched in the other neighbor’s tree and resumed his song. I went inside and had my daughter come out to see if it was just a fluke or what. I played the male call again and sure enough he left his perch and flew to our roof top just over the deck where we were standing and peeked over at us to be sure we weren’t another male quail invading his territory. Then he flew off. Super cool experience! Super cool app!
Now I love birds!!
Here’s my situation and it may be a minute or so long but I just wanted to thank some people!
First off I was never looking for birds but my grandmother broke her wrist and came to live with me it’s been a couple months but a few weeks ago she started to ask about birds and bird feeders because we live in Phoenixville, PA
That being said I have like 10 bird feeders,bird suet feeders and meal worm feeders hummingbird feeders and of course I did this all for her so I found this app and downloaded it next thing I know my wife and I are bouncing from window to window looking for birds and Identifying them with the app so needless to say there’s 3 bird watchers at my house and grandma is running in 3rd place but we all love it thanks so much great app and fully recommend it to anyone I even asked for help and got a ID back the next day after I sent the email so thanks so much just happy and amazing things for us!!
This app is fun to use as I am a longtime bird enthusiast. My primary issue is every time I try to identify a bird either through song or by camera, I must watch a 30 second advertisement first. Usually the bird is long gone by the time the ad finishes.
The accuracy of the bird identifier is about 50%. We had a bird singing all night, the app identified the song as a Mockingbird. Next day I saw the Mockingbird singing the same song. Today I saw and heard a crow clucking in a tree. I ran the song identifier and 30 seconds later it indicated the bird was either a Veery or a Marsh Wren, which is not even close. I attempted to use the camera ID but the bird was gone before the ad finished.
I also find it annoying every time I search for information I need to visit the store.
I use other bird identifier apps, as I am trying to determine which one I will spend money. This one is among the more accurate ones, but that is not saying much. I have no problem spending money on an app to rid the ads, but not if the app is not accurate. The search continues...
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yellow Cardinal Inc.
- 243.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Yellow Cardinal Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Membership $49.99
- All-In-One $13.99
- Remove Ads $2.99
- Monthly Membership $9.99
- Bird Sounds $8.99
- Unlimited Identifications $8.99
- Annual Membership (Family) $74.99
- All-In-One (Family Sharing) $21.99
- Extra Quizzes $8.99
- Monthly Membership (Family) $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.