Juno Connect is a client app for Jupyter, an interactive cloud-based computational environment, where you can combine code execution, rich text, mathematics, plots and rich media.
When you run code in Juno Connect, the actual computing is happening on a remote Jupyter server, giving you access to virtually unlimited computational resources from your iPhone or iPad. You can either connect to your own Jupyter server — directly via HTTP/HTTPS, or by establishing an SSH tunnel with local port forwarding — or use cloud computing services, such as CoCalc or Binder.
• Jupyter has support for over 40 programming languages, including Python, R, Julia and Scala.
• Produce rich output with your code: HTML, images, videos, LaTeX, and custom MIME types, all wrapped into a single notebook file.
• Leverage big data tools, such as Apache Spark, from Python, R and Scala. Explore that same data with pandas, scikit-learn, ggplot2, TensorFlow.
• Full-featured notebook editor provides complete development environment on your iPad or iPhone: it supports Dark Mode and Dynamic Type, offers extended on-screen keyboard and works beautifully with all hardware keyboards and trackpads.
• Connect to your server easily and securely with SSH tunnel using local port forwarding.
• Launch Juno Connect in Split-screen mode alongside other apps on iPad. Run notebooks with documentation, terminal, or other code editor in front of you.
What's new in Juno Connect 1.5.9:
• Adds support for ECDSA and Ed25519 keys for SSH tunnelling
• Fixes several minor issues related to notebook editor
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Jupyter on the iPad, Finally!
I’ve been wanting something like this app for years, now, as I’ve built up a large collection of Jupyter (formerly Ipython) notebooks. I can’t praise the fine folks who have built this app enough. I have a few notebooks on Microsoft Azure Notebook and they execute flawlessly when interacting with them through the Juno app. Editing is easy and intuitive. Try out the demo notebooks and pay for the full version. It’s an absolute joy to use.
Near perfect except missing port forwarding
I suspect most people’s setup is to use ssh tunneling. Currently, I use the workaround of using Blink Shell’s port forwarding feature. However, that solution is not perfect because iOS does not allow a background app to maintain a connection for more than 10 minutes. So, currently, I have to either (1) switch back to Blink Shell every 10 minutes or (2) run Blink Shell side-by-side with Juno, which takes up much precise screen space on the iPad.
Had Juno supported port forwarding, then as a foreground app it wouldn’t have the 10-minutes connectivity issue.
Would love to bump up to 5 stars when that feature is finally implemented!
Developer Response ,
Hey! 👋 I am indeed planning to add SSH tunnelling in Juno, although I'm afraid I'm not sure when this will be released exactly — possibly in Juno 1.4, being the next significant update after soon-to-be-released Juno 1.3. Hope this gives you some reassurance, and sorry for inconvenience meanwhile. 😔
Useful for Students
The ability to access Jupyter notebooks on azure has assisted in my write ups for physics classes, facilitated my production of scripts for automating aspects of my research, and allowed me to create small computational programs for students that I TA all from my iPad. No bugs I’ve noticed. Very fast loading. Excellent editing options. Thanks for that tab key haha! Look forward to continuing to use this app. (I’m actually doing a Prelab rn on Juno lelll)
- Rational Matter Ltd
- 26.9 MB
- Developer Tools
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Rational Matter Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.