*App of the Day* - September 2, 2020
*Apps We Love Right Now* - July 3, 2020
Welcome to Poesie!
Poesie is an app for poetry lovers. We are a community from all around the world that comes together each day to read, record, and discuss poems - introducing you to great poetry while helping poets earn payment for their work.
Here’s how it works:
• (Best of new and classic poetry) We've partnered with award-winning publishers to bring you selections from some of the best poetry books being published today. Each week we feature the work of a different poet, and we also mix in selections from the classics.
• (Learn while you read) We start off on Mondays by learning a bit about the life of our featured poet. Then, we read a selection each morning from one of their books. By Sunday, we hope you've discovered a new favorite poet!
• (Engage and interact) All of our poems are interactive and social, paired with audio and visual artwork. We encourage you to leave your own recordings and comments on poems you love… chatting with other readers is one of the best parts of the app.
If you care about supporting the world of poetry, want to keep up a habit of reading poetry every day, and are excited to interact with other poetry lovers, we’d love to welcome you to Poesie. Membership dues are the price of a single book ($14.99/year), which are used to pay poets for selections from each book we feature and to cover development and support for the app.
Join our growing community of poetry lovers and begin discovering and reading more poetry today!
• Profiles - Save and revisit favorite works using your Poesie profile. You'll also get weekly recommendations based on your preferences.
• Libraries - Explore our libraries of thousands of classic and contemporary poems. We also have a selection of short stories.
• Programs - Our collection of curated poetry programs helps introduce you to eras and themes across the history of poetry.
• Community Hub - Not sure what you're in the mood for? Discovery poetry based on what's been trending in the community lately.
Contemporary poetry: Our contemporary poetry library ranges from debut publications to Pulitzer Prize-winning work and features poets from a variety of countries. We offer all poets we work with a share of all membership fees - so a portion of every subscription goes directly to supporting contemporary poetry.
Classic poetry: Our classic poetry library guides you through the greatest poetry ever written from all around the world. You can explore the history of poetry with our poetry programs, search poetry by mood and genre, and even read short stories.
Community poetry: We have a community library available to upload your own poems and read poetry by other users... please be supportive! You can also leave recordings, comment, and highlight your favorite lines on poems across the app.
A paid membership is required to participate in Poesie. Membership dues keep Poesie up and running and are shared with all our featured poets. Every new member gets a free 3-day trial of the app, so you're welcome to explore and see if it is right for you.
We offer two levels of access:
(1) Monthly - $1.99/mo
(2) Yearly - $14.99/year
Please note: if you don't want to keep a subscription, make sure to cancel 24 hours before the next subscription period to avoid being charged.
- If you are a poet who'd like to see your work in the app, please send us an email. We would be happy to discuss partnership options.
- If you see content that you don't think belongs in the app, please reach out to us. We will work with you to make sure our content is in agreement with permissions.
- If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions for our app, please reach out! We appreciate all feedback.
This update includes a few light fixes to poetry library scrolling. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful, earnest app
Poesie seems to be a true labor of love. It has evolved a lot over the year or so I have had it installed, with new content and features added regularly. It was originally just poetry but now also features short stories (a form Poesie reintroduced me too).
It has never asked for money, but encourages interaction both with the poems and stories and other readers. Simple to use, it gently introduces users to new classic literature in small bites. It brings me a lot of joy. Highly recommended.
Update 5 Apr 2020: Poesie has recently switched to a subscription platform. They offered all existing subscribers a free year subscription, but I was very happy to give them money straight away, since this has become one of my single favorite apps. And a much needed one in these troubled times.
Super app; love it!
I'm not a poetry afficianado but stumbled on to the Poesie app by accident last month. I was immediately drawn in by the social aspect as well as the explanations of the poems featured and the short biographies of poets. The invitation to record and publish voice readings drew me in to further participation, as did the ability to publish my own poems. Worth the small subscription cost to enrich my mind and spirit in this unique, literary outlet. Kudos to whomever thought of this beautiful concept and brought it to the app store.
My favorite app I have installed
Edit: Took a very long break from this app only to come back and find I’ve been missing out on a LOT. This is seriously a readers best app. Poems, songs, plays, stories, all in a single app. And NO IN-APP PURCHASES! Seriously fantastic, I can’t thank the dev team enough.
You really can’t ask for more here. The poems are amazingly chosen and the app functions well. If you have any interest in poetry, or struggle finding good pieces on your own, get this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Poesie Inc
- 59.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Benjamin Bregman
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Annual Subscription $14.99
- 1-Year Gift Certificate $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.