Control your Sonos system right from your Mac’s Menu Bar without distracting you from your current tasks. Change volume, pause your music, skip a track and start playing music from your Sonos favorites.
It serves as a little addition for quick interactions, like play/pause, changing the volume or a playlist.
Sign in once with your Sonos account and use all your households that are connected to your account.
• Access all features through an icon in the Menu Bar
• Quickly pause the music using the keyboard / Touch Bar buttons
• Group rooms in your household
• Play music from your Sonos favorites / Sonos playlists
• Shows current song and artist
• Change the volume of every individual speaker
• Touch Bar integration
• Now playing Notification Center widget integration
• Keyboard shortcuts for several interactions
• Use the media buttons on your keyboard
• Mute speakers and groups
• Skip to the next song or play the previous song
• Automatically start the app when you start your Mac
• Voice Over Support for blind users
• Apple Script support for Apple Automator
• Light and Dark Mode support
This app requires you to login with your Sonos Account. It does not allow to stream music from your Mac to a Sonos speaker (please use AirPlay for this).
Use the official Sonos Controller App if you need all features.
This is not an official app by Sonos Inc.
Sonos is a trademark of Sonos Inc.
• Added a new pop up when you use keyboard shortcuts
• Menu Bar icon is now clickable up to the top
• Launching on startup will activate keyboard shortcuts
• Scroll over the volume slider to adjust the volume
• Quick grouping has been enhanced
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good. Not essential.
Some companion apps enhance the experience of a product in ways that make you wonder how you did without said app. This app does not do that. It's not un-useful. I like that it gives me a minimal level of control without taking up desktop space.
One functionality that seems to be missing: It would be nice to actually be able to edit your groups, instead ofjust controlling their volume, but oh well.
The one irrritating thing I have found the controler does, that the dektop app does not do: When you get a call or facetime, it automatically stops your music... everywhere. This is unneccesary and an annoyance. Why should the music stop in the living room because I get a facetime call in the office? I find myself NOT using this app to avoid this.
Almost 5 Stars
I only gave 4 stars, because while it does the job, I have to scroll to see all my Sonos products wheni have plent of screen space available for the drop-down listing to be much taller. Ideally we could resize it or set the height in settings. I would love to see all my speakers without having to scroll. I would also like to reorder the speakers so the most frequently adjusted ones are at the top. Currently my most adjusted speaker is at the bottom that I have to scroll to get to making it less than ideal.
Wonderful, wonderful little app.
I'm constantly managing my Sonos products, and this indespensable app makes doing so incredibly faster than using the native Sonos Mac app. The UI is quick and easy, and the keyboard shortcuts are logical—I rarely actually need to interact with the UI. Between this and the Lyd iPhone/Apple Watch app (also well worth the couple bucks!), I have quick and easy control over my Sonos environment at a moments notice.
Does the Sonos app work? Of course. But these apps make the experience in line with what Apple users expect.
Bonus: the dev is super nice, and super responsive. Dev: You could easily charge more for this app than you do!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Heinrich
- 9.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Heinrich 2018-2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.