Measure distance, perimeter and area on a map. Add stand alone points to understand better what is where on a map. Capture photos stamped with location, direction, altitude and time. Share and export your projects.
Planimeter app will be useful for measuring construction sites, roofs, lawns, fences, paving, pools, parking lots, fields and paths. Or even for just putting stand alone points on a map.
Where this planimeter app stands out?
- Precise control of the planned/measured area. As you move a map, the app will show you what area/distance is going to be and what would be the size of adjacent lines. Even before you add a new point.
- Native Google maps support adds extra zoom-in ability for satellite and hybrid maps.
- Every point can have its own color and have text, audio and image attached.
- You can move point directly on a main map screen (tap on a point and pick Move option) or in the dedicated point editor screen. Again, before you confirm the move you know perfectly what the resulting area/perimeter/distance will be.
- You can hide/show shapes and point collections. This way you can focus only on what is important for the current project.
- Flexible units of measurement allow you to configure when display of feet or meters changes to miles and kilometers. Same for area units.
- Custom url, offline and import maps. Apple maps and Google maps are built into the app. And then, you can add other maps. The app supports adding custom url maps, downloading offline maps or importing maps (mbtiles, sqlitedb) that you might have crafted on your PC or Mac.
- Kmz export and import option allows to transfer shapes and point collections in their entirety, including images and audio notes. This allows you to continue working on your project on different devices.
Basic version allows you to create unlimited number of points and temporary measurement shapes (areas or routes), so you can measure with no limits. To add a new shape to measure, you just discard the previous one.
Pro pack upgrade adds:
- Google and custom url, offline, imported maps support. Google maps adds extra zoom ability for satellite and hybrid maps.
- Ability to save multiple point collections/shapes.
- Import and export for a single point and whole shapes/collections.
- Saving and sharing a map snapshot, the one that shows only the objects that you created on a map - buttons and tools removed.
Pro Pack upgrade is a one off upgrade, no subscription or recurring charges are involved.
Use MENU (hamburger) button > DOCUMENTATION or SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK options to get help. Just in case, support email is email@example.com. All emails are answered within hours or up to 9 hours if they come during CET/EU night time.
Wishing your happy measuring!
Planimeter 55 team.
Fixed the issue when lines would not be shown on the offline maps for iOS 14.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is a great idea! However it crashes ALL, THE, TIME. I refuse to pay for the app until it becomes more stable. UPDATE! The developer was extremely helpful and we found out that the issue was with the Apple Maps. Once we changed over to the Google Maps the app has become stable and is FANTASTIC! Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Dear R. Adam C., thank you for the review and for contacting me via email! As iOS 13.4 is available now you can try after upgrading to iOS 13.4. iOS 13.4 resolves the issues with the Apple map performance and crashes. Yours and thankful for your feedback, Stan.
Excellent app, very useful!
I purchased this app to help me figure out the perimeter lines of my property. This app worked perfectly! This app also helped me locate the survey stakes at rear of my wooded property. I would recommend this to anyone, it’s a very useful tool for measuring your property.
magical application tool
amazed every second of every day engineering the new world
- Kalimex-Consulting s.r.o.
- 73.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © @blocoware, Kalimex-Consulting s.r.o & Stanislav Dvoychenko
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.