The NVIDIA SHIELD TV app lets you log in to your favorite GeForce NOW games on SHIELD even faster.
The app gives you instant access to a virtual mouse and keyboard, which makes it simple for you to enter your username and password into game services like Steam®, Blizzard® Battle.net®, and Uplay™.
-Virtual mouse touchpad
-Virtual keyboard (US English only)
-D-pad (up/down/right/left) and Select
-SHIELD TV navigation buttons (Back, Start/Play/Pause, Home)
To get started, connect your iPhone or iPad to the same network as your SHIELD.
Make sure your SHIELD is upgraded to the latest version 7.1 or later system software (Settings > About > System upgrade).
*Two finger tap on Trackpad now sends 'Right Click' mouse command
*Adds "Vibration feedback" switch to enable/disable haptics
*Adds ability to disable remote locator buzzer from SHIELD TV app
*Automatically reconnects to server when VPN on disconnect/reconnect
*Resolves issue where connection would be lost when device sleeps
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix this app
This used to be an excellent app! After a recent update it has really gone downhill (as can be seen by recent reviews).
- Ability to start directly in the remote has been lost. You are always greeted with shortcuts to apps first (this might be preferred by some, but there should an option for where you start)
- MOST IMPORTANT: Connection issues. If you lock your phone with the app open or return to the home screen and then back to the app, you receive a connection lost message. To recover you must either return to your list of shield devices and connect again or return to the homescreen again and switch back to the app, where 90% of the time it will recover and reconnect. This is frustrating and unnecessary. It causes a long time delay in scenarios where quick volume or playback (pause/play) changes need to be made, etc..
I used to consider this app 4-5 stars. It now gets 2 and that's pushing it.
Fantastic, when it works
It would be perfect if it actually connected more than 50% of the time. Much like the Shield unit itself (see Nvidia Shield’s recent loss of access to much of Steam), this app continues to let me down. Also, the touch pad is extremely difficult to use with precision, and the sensitivity of it can’t be changed.
Oh, and the those 5-star reviews that are suspiciously featured so highly on the app main page are either delusional or outright lies. When the remote app loses connection, it CANNOT be fixed by simply downloading updates (because they don’t exist) or rebooting the app. Only rebooting the actual Shield unit works and this usually entails a hard reboot (pulling the power cable).
First and last Nvidia product I’ll ever own.
Doesn’t connect to Shield
In order to connect I need to manually type in the IP address whenever I pull up the app. I thought it was just because my phone was connected to WiFi and the shield was a direct Ethernet connection, but even after switching the shield to the same WiFi as my phone it still requires me to type in the shields IP address into my phone. An IP address is pretty cumbersome to remember and type in anytime you want to use the remote. To be clear it doesn’t even remember the IP address after closing the app. I literally have to type in my Shields IP address each time I want to use the app. App has a couple other smaller issues too: The “mouse click” automatically opens what you click on. Sometimes I’d just like to select something and there’s no option to do that unless you use the buttons. The mouse doesn’t scroll on the home screen to anything beyond the first screen. A double finger slide should allow you to scroll around the page.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- 66.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 NVIDIA Inc