Do you want to learn Italian quickly and have fun doing it? Learn Italian + by Vidalingua is the fastest, most enjoyable way to understand and speak conversational Italian.
The New York Times says “Apps from Vidalingua are hugely popular... they're free and they work offline, handy when you're actually abroad."
Immerse yourself in real-life situations that you can use in the classroom or on a trip. Learn Italian + includes 101 lessons, 1,190 phrases and 5,277 exercises to help you become proficient in Italian in record time.
Vidalingua is a leading developer of language apps with over 15 million users. See what others have to say.
"Great for students! I teach at a bilingual school and it’s challenging to keep the students' attention. Apps are the best way to go and this offline app is one of my favorites."
"I downloaded several free apps. Some are like games but I’m not sure I’m learning things I can use. This app has lessons that are immediately useful for talking to real people in real situations.”
"Lingidy is a super fun way to learn Italian. It steps you through lessons you will need for a trip then throws in a few unexpected ones. Fun app. Bravo!"
The Vidalingua Method
Other apps waste time on vocabulary and grammar you’ll rarely ever use. Learn Italian + jumps right to lessons that you can use immediately. Start by learning Greetings, Essentials and Questions to get a conversation started. Progress to helpful lessons such as Airports, Hotels and Directions. Make the most of your travels with lessons such as Museums, Movies and Making Friends.
Understanding & Speaking
Understanding Italian is a good start but speaking is critical. Learn Italian + provides advanced speech recognition to help you master pronunciation. Practice speaking at your own pace until you build the confidence to talk to others.
Some of the lessons in Learn Italian + teach the basics such as telling Time, using the Subway or Eating Out. Others are unique and amusing such as Limousines, Hot Tubs, Pick-up Lines and Rejections. Interactive exercises keep your attention and improve retention. Meerling the meerkat provides help and encouragement.
Learn as you Like
Other apps force you to learn in a specific order. Lingidy allows you to move through lessons, phrases and exercises freely.
• 101 lessons for real-life situations like taking Taxis, arriving at a Hostel or asking about the Weather. Fun lessons such as Flirting and Swearing.
• 1,190 useful phrases such as “Can you speak slowly?” and “Where is the closest cash machine?”.
• 5,277 exercises to master vocabulary, pronunciation and comprehension.
• Vocabulary exercises to help you master Numbers, Menus, even Cocktails.
• Audio pronunciations. Choose accents and speed.
• Select favorites to create your own study list.
• Word Jumble Exercises challenges you to order words in a phrase correctly.
• Pronunciation Exercises with advanced speech recognition to know if you say a phrase correctly.
• Picture Exercises to choose the image that matches a word.
• Write Exercises teaches you to understand spoken words & write them correctly.
• Multiple Choice Exercises to recognize the correct translations of a phrase.
• Set goals for yourself and track your learning progress.
• Notifications for Daily Phrases & Streaks.
Learn Italian fast and have fun doing it. Download Learn Italian + today!
Terms & Conditions
• Learn Italian + includes 12 free lessons and 101 lessons with a subscription.
• Payment charged to iTunes Account at the end of the trial period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off 24-hours before expiring.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Terms of Service
- Added Meerling, the dancing meerkat animation, after you get 10 exercises right. Our research shows that nothing motivates users to learn languages more than dancing meerkats!
- Fixed Words Exercise bug resulting in wrong answer alert when iOS language is not set to English.
- Enhanced Words Exercise algorithm that jumbles answer buttons.
- Improved Write Exercises by removing punctuation from answer buttons.
- Fixed Write Exercise issue which occasionally caused only one letter to appear in answer buttons.
- Made several improvements to the Help system. When Meerling winks (meerkat mascot upper right) it means help is available. Tap Meerling to display a Help bubble.
- Improved Daily Phrases notification so it appears long after the first app startup where it is usually ignored. Learning a new phrase every day improves your probability of becoming fluent, so give it a try in More > Settings.
- Added back button to Write Exercise on iPads.
- Decreased the delay between exercise scoring and the Continue button, so you can move through lessons faster.
- Fixed issue which caused phrases not be pronounced if you tapped on them in rapid succession.
- Enhanced Vidalingua Plus screen with a clearer explanation of the 1-week, free trial.
- Changed Learn Language selection in Settings so it is no longer linked to the iOS language setting.
- Enhanced Words Exercises by anchoring answer buttons so they no longer shift down when you select the first one.
- Improved launch screen on app startup.
- Fixed Words Exercise issue for iOS Dark mode.
- Delayed app rating prompt. Why do we ask? Because 5-star ratings make it possible for us to invest more in updates.
- Added “Try Lingidy” option to the More menu, because if you haven't already, you should really try our new app Lingidy!
- Minor improvements to localization, in-app help and screen layouts.
If you have any issues with this update, please email email@example.com
If you like free updates, please rate Vidalingua language apps 5-stars in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Grazie Mille !
Thanks to the devs for making this slick app. It’s easy to get started learning the basics of simple conversation. Fun exercises too. I’m working through the free lessons on greetings, learning the language, essentials. Hey devs, how about throwing in a few more? I favorited a set of phrases to use as a study list. I also set up the notification for a phrase of the day. Normally don’t like notifications but this one is worth it. This app is building my confidence until I’m ready to try a Skype session with other language learners. Give this app it a try.
Developer Response ,
Delighted to hear your feedback!
I am glad to hear that our app helped you build your confidence.
I really appreciate you took the time to write a review!
Angelica, Customer Success
Best app better
Very easy to learn
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review!
Angelica, Customer Success
Learning Italian made easy
I downloaded a few free apps to learn Italian. I like this one because the lessons seem useful instead of just vocabulary words like some of the other app I tried. I feel like it's preparing me for a trip to Rome with phrase I can use at the train station, hotel, restaurant, etc. The exercises are fun and challenging. I use the app mostly on my iPhone but it works on iPad too, although could use a few improvements there. Nice job developers!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ascendo Inc.
- 58.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Vidalingua
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (1 month) $9.99
- Premium (1 year) $49.99