We give you a grid, we give you a crazy rule, & we give you some values. All you have to do is look hard at the grid & find which row or column has that value for the given rule. Easy as you like it. And then you just have to do it for 99 more times.
So, sharpen your brain, sharpen your eyesight, sharpen your reflexes & bring it all together to quickly scan the grid in different directions & find the correct answer before the timer runs out!
Try out a game with a unique gameplay & challenge yourself to reach the summit of 100 Rounds with the rules becoming more crazier & wackier with each passing grid. We promise you would never have played anything like this!
Deep dive into the game & see how far you can make it before a mistake sends you hurtling back to the start. Along the way, you will encounter all different kinds of shapes, numbers, letters, boxes, clocks & what not.
There are no Worlds, no Levels, no Difficulty Settings, no Boosts, no Bonus, no Achievements. An uncomplicated game with just one singular objective & that is to complete all the grids.
And also just pure fun.
* Unique gameplay which is a twist on the grid search puzzles.
* Pick up & Play. One touch Gameplay in Portrait mode. Just swipe to mark the correct row/column.
* Over 70 different types of rules for you to figure out.
* Daily Challenges - Complete a new challenge everyday.
* 4 different types of aids/power-ups available for use.
* A cute way of visually depicting the progress in the game through the growing moustache of Mr. Mustachio's character.
* Uncomplicated game with a single objective to complete all the rounds.
* Leaderboards to show where you stand in the charts.
* Comprehensive Statistics to give a glimpse how well you have been playing the game.
* Single Player & works offline.
Mr. Mustachio builds upon the gameplay of the evergreen word search puzzles & puts a little spin on that!. Use your power of observation to search the grid for the row or column which matches a given rule & a corresponding value! Of course, we added a time limit & threw in some colours to make things interesting!
The character of Mr. Mustachio adds a fun dimension to the game! Watch the moustache grow with more grids you figure out! Here is a small silly poem explaining the moustache :)
"An egg shaped guy, extraordinary is his panache,
Always smiling, as he twirls his magnificent moustache!
With a grid of blocks, he tests your skills,
Fast reflexes, quick thinking, needed in this game of thrills!
Mr. Mustachio needs your help, truth be told,
The span of his whiskers, the grid controls!
Add, Subtract or Multiply, do the proper math & make his handlebar grow,
Diamonds will be your reward, as you chase your high score!"
Maybe you like math. Maybe you like to do brain training exercises. Maybe you like to test your reflexes. There is something for everyone in this small & simple, yet quite fun & challenging game.
Thanks for reading so far! I am the developer of 'Mr. Mustachio' series of games. All of them are simple games, which are a test of the observation skills of the player. All the games share the same premise where we provide a grid & a 'rule', & the player has to figure out which row/column of the grid matches the given rule. Although the games share this unique gameplay, they are vastly different from each other with crazy & weird rules involving numbers, words, shapes etc. The games are constantly updated & have come a long way since the first game (which has now been rebranded as Mr. Mustachio : Number Search). I hope the games are fun as well as a bit educational for kids.
Don't forget to check out all the games mentioned below!
* Mr. Mustachio : Grid Search
* Mr. Mustachio : Number Search
* Mr. Mustachio : Word Search
* Mr. Mustachio : #100 Rounds
If you like playing the game, please consider leaving a rating.
If you want to drop some feedback, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Improved the tutorial by splitting into multiple parts. Each part is delivered to the user once the player reaches a particular level.
- Now players can continue twice in each game. This gives them sort of 3 lives to complete all the rounds.
- Added some extra time to read the rule properly before the grid shows up.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun game, annoying ads
This would easily be 5 stars if I could just pay $5 to turn ads off! Please give us an IAP option to not suffer though advertisements.
Developer Response ,
Hi, many thanks for playing the game and leaving a review. I would like to inform you that there is already an IAP to remove the ads. From the first main screen, click on the Shopping Cart icon and you will find the option to remove the ads. And it is also not as expensive as you want it to be!
If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate in reaching out to me at email@example.com.
Great Concept, Poor Execution
The idea of the game is great. These small math problems are very fun and easy overall. More fun when there is a timer and an element of attention that is separate from math.
The person who complained that it wasn’t fun in one review are just not admitting they don’t know basic elementary school math.
BUT the app itself is buggy and not fully through through.
-First there is a big issue with the type of ads and how they work.
-There is an offer to watch an ad to get a feee Continue. So I watch the ad, but then the timer from the game runs out during the ad.
-When the ad ends you see a blank screen and nothing continues. That is a VERY BAD game bug.
-It doesn’t do what it says it would and then requires hard restart of the game.
Then there is the design of the game.
-You have multiple rows and columns to choose from. At least 6 in simplest problems, and I don’t know how many more it can go up to. But the arrow you have to press to choose the answer is too small.
-Sometimes you’d have to press more than once to make sure my input was received.
-instead of the tiny faint arrow it should be a graphic that is clear, high contrast, and larger.
-the mustache theme of the app isn’t making any sense. Since there is no background story of any kind, what’s the connection to the mustache?
-if the mustache or facial hair were somehow connected to the math then ok. But it isn’t.
Developer Response ,
I must thank you for leaving such a detailed feedback. Such a feedback always helps in ironing out the issues in the game. I am glad that you like the idea of the game and find it fun.
I will try to address the issues that you have mentioned:
- Ads issue : Yes, I apologize for that. There was an issue and multiple people complained about it. I have since fixed that. Can you please get the update and see if you still face any issues? Again, sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.
- Small Arrow Issue : You can simply swipe the correct row column (in the correct direction wherever required) and that would work as well. Both the options are there. You can either tap on the arrows or swipe the row/column. I hope this information helps.
- The moustache theme : The length of the moustache is related the progress you make in the game. This obviously requires a bit more explanation. So a couple of years back, I had launched the original version of the game Mr. Mustachio (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr-mustachio-a-brain-teaser/id1143957161?ls=1&mt=8) and this game is derived from it. The original one was only numbers based and an endless high score chaser. I added the Mustachio guy and the moustache theme as a fun way to track progress along with the score. I gave it a sort of "background story" in the form of a silly poem which can be read in the description of the original game (I have added the same poem in the description of this game in the coming update). In short, the story reads like the length of the moustache of mr. Mustachio is controlled by the grid and he needs the help of the player to grow it further & he gives the player Diamonds in exchange :). So it is basically a fun way to track progress and just provides some breather to the player.
Thanks for asking about it and reminding me that I should add stuff regarding it in the description!
I would also like to add that people tend to have varied tastes and choices and while some people might find something fun, others may not. I think it is unfair to pass judgement on people's skill levels on the basis of their likes and dislikes. It is my humble request that you update your review and remove or reword your statement regarding the other reviewer. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review which goes into a lot of depth and I would be very grateful if you could make this small change.
I do hope you continue to play the game and looking forward to your updated feedback.
If you face any issues or want to provide more feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will be great after flaws fixed
Multiple questions involving empty blocks are incorrect. This is very frustrating especially if you have made it far in the game. Also, when watching a video to continue it either gets stuck on a blank screen or just continues on to the game over screen. If these issues are fixed it would be five stars for sure
Developer Response ,
[Edit] : I just wanted to inform you that multiple new versions of the game have been released since the review which have addressed many issues including the Ad bug which you were facing. Also, the rule for the "not empty" blocks was creating a bit of confusion and has been reworded. The game has become better because of your feedback. I hope you can take some time out to revisit the game and provide an updated feedback/review which can help improve the game even more. In case of any issues, I can always be reached at email@example.com. Thank you.
Hi, many thanks for playing the game and leaving a review.
Several people have sent me queries regarding the questions related to the empty blocks. In each of the cases, the rule was to find "Count of Blocks which are Not Empty" and the count to be matched was 0. This double negative was a bit difficult to comprehend with people misunderstanding the rule to be "No Empty" instead of "Not Empty". The solution provided by the game was correct but because of this misunderstanding, it seemed incorrect to the players. To ensure that the players are not confused, in the latest update, the rule has been re-worded to make it more clear and explicit. Also, a bit of help text has been added in case a player fails on grid where the count to match is 0. If you play the updated version, you should have a better experience and find the solutions to your satisfaction.
Also, there was some issue with the ads in the previous version which has also been fixed in the latest update.
I hope you try the game again and in case you still face any issues or require any clarification regarding any grids, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to your updated feedback.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shobhit Samaria
- 98.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Shobhit Samaria
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.