Spod VPN & Web Filter 4+
Connect to Spod network
Spod Tecnologia Ltda
- Offers In-App Purchases
Spod’s virtual network is the combination of a VPN and a firewall to bring your iOS device the security, privacy and anonymity it deserves!
Web Filter: One of the greatest benefits of our virtual network is the Web Filter feature which blocks unwanted and malicious content from your device. This content is divided into 2 categories:
- Trackers: These trackers are everywhere on the internet and they monitor you to show relevant ads and gather information.
- Threats: The threats are divided between resources spreading malicious content and phishing websites.
You can choose which content you’d like to filter using the App.
Check out other benefits when using Spod VPN & Web Filter:
• Security and Privacy: Everything between your device and our servers is encrypted using AES-256 to keep third parties from snooping into your traffic including which apps/websites you use and its data (username, passwords, etc).
• Anonymity: We created a simple way to anonymize everything that goes through our network: There’s no registration!
• Multi-Regions: Servers available in North America, South America, Central Europe and Asia Pacific.
• Alerts: The Alerts tab inside the App will show you everything that was blocked by the Web Filter.
• Custom lists: Now you can unblock a specific tracker/threat and also configure a custom hostname to be blocked!
• Multi-Platform: Single subscription for both iOS and macOS.
Spod VPN & Web Filter is a subscription service with automatic renewal.
Pick one of the two available subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews and account will be charged the price above unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed in your Account Settings after purchase.
• First time users are eligible to a Free Trial period of 1 month after which your account will be automatically charged for the price above.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
More information available in our:
• New: Synchronization for "Blocked sites" and "Unblocked sites" between devices sharing the same subscription.
• Adding or removing hostnames to these lists is a lot faster.
• Changes for your preferences (Block trackers and/or threats) is also a lot faster.
• Fixed error message in main screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Hopefully it gets better..
I tested it for dns leaks, IP leaks and it was 50/50. I went on IPLeak.org, DNSLeaks.com, etc and it passed for some sites and failed in others. Now, Are those sites bullet proof? Well, I know they’re the go-to websites for that, but even Nord VPN would fail sometimes on those sites and would only pass after a second attempt. So, I redid the test, like I would on Nord VPN, and then it passed those same websites. So, who knows?! I liked the anonymity that came with not providing an email, but, if I’m correct, your websites says that even though you can’t know who the traffic is coming from, you STILL look at it? Did I get that wrong? Because, if that’s the case, then I’ll never be using this again. That’s just creepy to want to block everyone but yourself from seeing traffic of anyone who uses your service. Hope I’m wrong. There’s a lack of servers, but I didn’t seem to have trouble with speeds for your Oregon servers. Your web tracker, although it says it blocks trackers, doesn’t seem to block much. Example, I went to Amazon.com, a site known for its trackers, and didn’t block anything. AndroidAuthority.com was another website known for its ad trackers, still nothing. It did block some while using Google.com, but just not much at all. So, it seems promising and would definitely like to keep using this in the future, but I am on the fence for now.
Developer Response ,
First of all thank you for reviewing our app.
We understand you tested for IP and DNS leaks, which basically verifies whether your original IP is leaking (detectable) and whether your DNS traffic is leaking, that is, if your device is sending DNS queries directly to a DNS server without using (leaking) the VPN.
These are important tests and we performed them as well but no leaks were found, if you could get in touch with us at email@example.com we’d love to better understand your results.
As for the anonymity, since the VPN routes all of your device’s traffic, it’s inevitable that the servers know which website you’re going to, as is the case for any VPN. In fact, that’s what enables us to block certain resources (trackers and threats). Although we have that information, it is only stored when the Web Filter is used and an alert is generated. Of course, on top of that, as you've said before, since we don’t have any personal information about our users we can’t know who the traffic is coming from.
We’re glad you liked the speed of the servers, we work hard to ensure everyone has enough bandwidth.
Now for the web trackers, what you see in the Alerts tab is the source of the tracker itself and not the website which you initially visited, i.e. Amazon may have ads and web trackers in their homepage but they are not from Amazon itself, they’re by a third party ad network such as Google, Doubleclick, etc.
We found that if you visit one of the websites mentioned above you can see the number of blocked trackers go up in the Alerts tab and new alerts are shown in the list.
Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and thank you for using Spod!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Spod Tecnologia Ltda
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Spod
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial (3 days) $0.00
- Monthly Subscription $7.99
- Annual Subscription $79.99