Scrap Paper 4+
Scrap Paper is a simple notes app that is great for making quick notes without interrupting your workflow.
• Open Scrap Paper from the menu bar
• Open Scrap Paper via a custom hotkey
• Keep the notes window in front of all other apps
• Show the notes window on all spaces
• Show the notes window on top of full-screen apps
• Set a custom font and color scheme
• Launch the app automatically when you log in
• Synchronize your note using iCloud (yes, there is an iOS version!)
• Export text to other apps like Mail, Messages and Notes
• Standard text operations like Cut/Copy/Paste and Find/Replace
• Automatically copy selected text after changing selection
• Lightning fast app launch
• Note down a random thought without context-switching
• Copy bits of text from Scrap Paper when filling out online forms
• Edit your clipboard and clear any formatting
• Keep a 'micro to-do list' while you are working on a project
• Share text snippets between devices
Scrap Paper is plain-text only by design.
We hope you will enjoy using Scrap Paper!
• Scrap Paper now remembers the size and position of the notes window
• Auto copy: Scrap Paper can now copy text automatically on selection (optional setting)
Ratings and Reviews
Nicely done. About time.
Micro. Applications. Micro. Services. Micro. INTERACTIONS.
I don't need an application to tell ME what to do. I need a specific function fixed in the way I want it fixed. The simply lack of ANY decent color pickers in the App Store illustrates this point perfectly. I want to hit a hotkey, click a point, and have that hex value copied to pasteboard. I DON'T want a mixer. I DON'T need a window offering me 100 things I can do with this color. I WANT a bloody hex value.
Scratch paper nails this. I can hit a hotkey (⌃⌥⌘\ in my case), it opens a persistant (Spanning ALL of my Macs! NICE touch) text editor I can slapdash a quick string into, and with a quick stroke of the hotkey again, it's gone. Saved, held, and shared across system, still there when I summon it again.
Then there's the auto copy on select feature... again: nicely thought out. Realising this will likely be a scratchpad, the tool REDUCES workflow steps instead of adding more.
To the author:
This tool is PERFECT the way it is. DO. NOT. ADD. MORE. FEATURES. You will serve ONLY to bloat it and render it less appealing, unless it is truly disableable or can be entirely rendered invisible. If you truly MUST append worthless bloat to it ("people need checkboxes!" or similar idiocy), FORK the source and release a "Pro" version or some nonsense.
But as it stands? OUTSTANDING work.
The Perfect Balance of Simplicity and Usefulness
I needed a simple solution like this to jot down my end of workday thoughts so I could pick up where I left off the next day...just a single document that I could use as "scrap" that I wouldn't accidentally lose, or wouldn't get lost on my desktop.
I thought something like this might exist for the menubar, but nearly everything I tried from the app store that comes close to this either tries to do too much, or is too ugly to use :)
This app is exactly what I need, and it's beautiful to boot. I switched the font to Courier to keep things monospaced so I can use Markdown formatting, and I couldn't have dreamed up a better solution for what I was looking for. Thanks for making this free!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your positive review and for sharing how you use Scrap Paper, Ryan!
If there is anything at all that we can improve, please let us know at email@example.com.
Crazy how useful it is...
Well, if I wasn't using Scrap Paper all day everyday I would think a single sticky note couldn't be that helpful, but, well, I use it all day everyday. That it syncs from one of my Macs to the other so my workflow is seamless between home office and my work office. It's simply great! I tried 5 other sticky note apps. This is the one I have stayed with for it's functionality and and simplicity. The only thing I wish it had is the ability for Rich Text so it could show bold and italicized words etc.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Erik Wegener
- 7.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © wegenerlabs
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.