Falling Lightblocks is the game you loved on your Japanese console in the early 90's. Now on your mobile with full touch control, gravity control, game controller support and a fresh and clean modern look.
Easy puzzle game with falling blocks which can be rotated on their way down. Full lines are cleared.
Compete with others on the leaderboards, or start a turn-based or real-time multiplayer game against opponents. The challenging missions will teach you all things you need to defeat them!
Why choose this Falling Blocks app?
- Modern graphics
- Different game modes including a tutorial for beginners and a challenging campaign mode
- Multiplayer modes
- Landscape and portrait orientation supported
- Excellent control via touch gestures, or you can optionally also use adjustable on screen buttons
- Fancy control via accelerometer
- Game controller support
- Global leaderboards and game replays, Game Center achievements
- Customizable with themes
- No advertisements
- Themes support animations and other special effects
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Best Tetris-Like Game on the AppStore
After searching for a game like Tetris, this is the best one out of all the ones I’ve tried. It’s sure to scratch the itch if you want the NES style of gameplay and also has modern game modes as well. Having no ads also really makes this the best game that I have on my phone. No in-app purchases either besides being able to donate which I think I’m gonna do when I get the money because this game is so well made. Also if you want some nice themes, you should check out the Harddrop discord server. Took me awhile to find some nice themes so thought I’d share that lol I do have one suggestion tho, for the gesture controls, the only option for a hard drop is to swipe up if you enable it. Is there anyway you could add the option to hard drop by quickly swiping down? Anyways amazing game! Highly recommend!
Developer Response ,
Interesting idea, added it to my to do list! Thanks for your review. :-)
Best one out there
I started getting into Tetris a couple weeks ago and installed the “official” version since that’s the first one that popped up. It was good until they secretly updated the app to require $5 A WEEK to remove ads and “get” themes.
I quickly looked online and found this version recommended. Not only is it free with no ads, free themes, and far more customization, you’re also supporting a smaller, passionate developer who clearly cares for this game and the community.
I will be deleting the “official” version and will be using Falling Lightbox exclusively as I learn to be a better player! Thank you so much!
As far as a mobile game can get, this is pretty great! I only really have 2 requests
1) Give instructions on how to download themes as colors would v nice :P
2) (It's about the physics of the game) It can feel punishing to try to T-Spin or fix a misplaced block as when soft dropping the blocks lock way too fast, can we maybe have a way to change the speed in which the blocks move and lock into place? Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Hi and thanks for your suggestions!
1) If you tap the question mark in the theme settings you will get to the help page. Please send me an e-mail if you don't understand the instructions there so I can improve.
2) Lightblocks has no block lock delay because it resembles the original classic feeling of the 80's. But be prepared, I will add a modern game mode soon!
- Benjamin Schulte
- 42.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Benjamin M. Schulte
- In-App Purchases
- Sponsor $3.99
- Supporter $1.99
- Patron $5.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.