A Retro Comedy RPG
Long for a good retro turn based RPG with a twist? Want to play a game that will have you laughing out loud? Crisis of the Middle Ages is the game for you! With a rich story and a 90s style look and feel, Crisis of the Middle Ages will have you on the edge of your couch with 6-10+ hours of intriguing, hilarious and fun game play! Expect the unexpected as creatures and characters in the game have become more self aware and are constantly questioning their roles in the world. Even the evil monsters express frustration with their lives and have been known to complain or even walk out mid battle. This results in some very hilarious battles. Ultimately, this game explores the challenges of living the life we want to live versus the life that we feel obligated to live.
No In-App purchases and no ads!
Retro RPG with side view battle system
Rich, funny and unique story line
Beautiful music including some classical selections
Over 700 Unique Enemies
Over 100 Unique Attacks (including magic spells, -physical attacks, friendly skills, and engineering skills)
Special Items that can be thrown at enemies with unpredictable and often entertaining results
6-10+ hours of game play
New in Crisis of the Middle Ages Version 1.0.9:
- Added options to configure battle and message speed
- Updated map transitions to be more user friendly
- Fixed two bugs where player could become stuck by being separated from boat
- Updated several battle cut-scenes to be more funny
- Updated Advanced control icons
- Other minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and Engaging
I just finished this game and really enjoyed playing. It is fun and challenging without feeling repetitive. It is rare to encounter the same monsters more than 2-3 times which keeps it from falling into the usual RPG redundant combat trap. The story line is fun and brings the party into contact with the “other side” listening to the monsters complain about how hard life is for them as they just try to keep it together. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoyed the early NES and Super NES final fantasy games as it follows a similar format.
Same as other two star
I really like the game. The humor is nice. The game mechanics seem cool. The graphics are bit like which is well done. The audio is well done. The game reminds me of many good RPG’s I swear the beginning cutscene game me an awesome vibe of great turn based RPG’s. I want to play this game so dang bad but it won’t keep my saves. First I was playing and saving both auto and manual then I did something else on my phone and the game reloaded and I was like ok start from the save but it was gone. I almost never play again when this happens but I really wanted to play this game so when I was playing again and had saved I exited to title screen to hope that fixed it but nope no saves again. I am upset but I got it for free so whatever I guess. If this was guaranteed to be fixed I would play again. That’s how bad I want this game to work. Heck I would’ve easily paid a buck or two maybe more for this game to work. Reminds me of Graveyard keeper. Such an awesome game but ruined by inability to keep progress reliably.
A game with a lot of potential, not the worst writing but suffering from a range of terrible issues which make it unplayable.
1. Saves don’t get saved. This alone should keep you away for good.
2. Character handling, and the feel of the game feels very unfinished and unpolished.
Let me explain that one. There is a certain slickness in how your character should handle, defined in this genre ages ago. This one feels like it was outsourced to a game developer with no real background in final fantasy-like games this one is trying to emulate.
3. The graphics - although seems like decent craftsmanship - doesn’t scale for modern smart phones resolution. Everything looks like you’re staring at an ant farm full of Zelda/FF - dresses ants.
4. The UI. Looks like a budget issue more then a UI. Completely stylistically detached from the game itself, and quite unresponsive, and I don’t have a case of chunky fingers.
In sum - there’s so many great pixel art games out there with fantastic writing and polished gameplay, this one looks more like a very early prototype than one of them.
Avoid. 1 star, for the pixel artist effort and a few chuckles you get before realizing how totally unfinished and broken this game is.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- OrgAction, LLC
- 179.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © OrgAction LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.