Whispers of a Machine is a Sci-Fi Nordic Noir that tells the story of Vera, a cybernetically augmented special agent tasked with investigating a string of murders. These brutal killings obscure a sinister truth, as Vera soon finds ties to a group of fanatics committed to creating an AI superintelligence — a pursuit outlawed for nearly a century.
Complicating things, a great loss from Vera's past comes back to haunt her, making her question her own sanity and everything she stands for.
As an agent of the Central Bureau, Vera is equipped with an advanced nano-substance called Blue. This rare and sought-after technology allows her to develop superhuman abilities adapted to her psychological mindset.
Choose your playstyle and utilize these augmentations to investigate, gather information, and solve puzzles with multiple solutions.
Will Vera’s unique blend of skills and intuition be enough to solve the case, or will she discover that things are more ambiguous than they seemed? In this emotionally gripping story with existential twists and multiple endings, Vera's actions will have monumental consequences not only for herself, but for all of humanity...
- INVESTIGATION, AUGMENTED: Will Vera approach situations with a more empathetic, analytical, or assertive style? Your choices will impact her augmentations and subsequent puzzle solutions.
- A POST-AI FUTURISTIC DYSTOPIA: Immerse yourself in a realized world of beautifully hand-drawn pixel art design and gorgeous settings influenced by the Nordics.
- POINT-AND-CLICK INNOVATION: A groundbreaking entry to the point-and-click adventure game genre by the experienced developers of Kathy Rain and The Samaritan Paradox.
- PROFESSIONALLY VOICED: 4,000+ lines of dialogue with full English voice acting, directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert.
• Added Italian translation.
• Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Entertaining WhoDoneIt Game
I played this game a few hours each day and found it thought provoking and kept me coming back to play. Somethimes you stumble across the clues and other times you actually figure it out. Next time I play it, I'll change the personality of the investigator.
- Raw Fury AB
- 658.2 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2019 Raw Fury
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.