Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours of gameplay including the original campaign, plus six free DLC adventures.
Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours of gameplay including the original campaign, plus six free DLC adventures. Play solo or team up with friends for a grand adventure across the Forgotten Realms.
Optimized for iPads
Recommended for iPhones with screen sizes of 6 inches or larger
Neverwinter Nights (Classic Campaign)
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC)
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC)
Kingmaker (Free DLC)
ShadowGuard (Free DLC)
Witch’s Wake (Free DLC)
Adventure Pack (Free DLC)
Re-engineered UI for iPads and iPhones
- Virtual joystick and context sensitive button makes gameplay easy
- UI Scales automatically or can be set to your liking
- Adventure with friends!
- Cross-play support includes compatibility with mobile, tablets, computers and consoles
- Join persistent worlds, with community-run campaigns and up to 250 players
- Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for cleaner graphics and visuals
- Adjustable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options
Neverwinter Nights (Original Campaign)
You find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC Expansion)
Another adventure begins in the updated expansion, Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC Expansion)
This expansion continues the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide. Journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.
Three Premium Modules (Free DLC)
Discover over 40 hours of new Dungeons & Dragons adventures across the Forgotten Realms in these premium modules for Neverwinter Nights:
- Witch’s Wake
- Adventure Pack
©2020 Beamdog. ©2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC. All Rights Reserved. Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, and D&D are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. Hasbro and its logo are registered trademarks of HASBRO, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The latest patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition brings all the enhanced features from PC to the mobile version, including a new game launcher with featured community content, performance improvements, plus hundreds of bug fixes!
- New Game Launcher & Free Content | A new game launcher showcases a selection of community-created campaigns and premium modules. Get easy access to amazing (and free) adventures made by fellow players, including:
> Aielund Saga by Savant
> Auren Saga by PJH
> Against the Cult of the Reptile God by Rich Barker
> Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2 by Rick Francis
> A Hunt Through The Dark by Markus Schlegel
- iOS 15 | Neverwinter Nights now supports devices running iOS 15!
- New Configuration Screens | Enjoy full control of all game options and tweaks!
- Water Visuals | We’ve added brand new water visuals to mobile! Water now has realistic reflections and refractions to make your adventures more beautiful.
- Renderer | Enjoy smoother gameplay with significant performance improvements and better shadows.
- Pathfinding Improvements | We’ve made changes to pathfinding to improve efficiency and reliability. Move and navigate more smoothly!
- Language Support | Downloadable language packs are now available for French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Polish translations! Play Neverwinter Nights on the go in your native language!
- Free Camera | We’ve added a new configuration option for a better view while playing. The “Camera Locked" setting allows y-axis control.
- Fixed a crash when starting Multiplayer games on older devices
- Fixed a crash caused by using community tilesets
- The Quickchat panel now recognizes keyboard input
- Added mobile build version data to options menu header
- Depleted quickslot icons no longer get stuck on screen
- Shift/ctrl keys no longer get stuck on active when switching quickbars
- Underage players can no longer send / receive custom chat messages during Multiplayer games on iOS devices
- You can now restore IAP to another device (via the "Restore Purchases" button) on iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
Great Port with Minor Issues
I started playing this game on the iPad because I like the portability factor. I played it when it originally came out and seems pretty true to the original. I like the setting but it is a little static because it’s a relatively early crpg game. The main issue I have is that I bought all of the premium modules, but I can’t seem to get them to install. All I get is a white box with a line with only the word cancel in it. Is there something I am missing or is there another program that has to be install. All of the premium modules now say install but they won’t. I think this iPad port has great potential. I really like that the classics have been ported to this platform.
Updated Review. I can download all the DLC but tyrants of moonsea. It just stops downloading around 6 or 7 seconds and then asks me to install again. The game plays great and the touch screen seems to work well but it was a little confusing at first when you are used to PC edition. It is really nice having this as a game on the iPad.
Correction: Managed to install after 7th time trying. I look forward to playing it.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Do you use iOS 14 Beta by chance?
I love this game on iPad, but HATE the camera angle
I have played NWN for years and jumped at the EE when it came out, I play it on both my iPad and my PC at home. Once I figured out to put the buttons on the left side the game is set up beautifully for chat and whatever you need in a quick click intuitive way. I love the new textures that keep coming out and all the plans for future enhancements. I wish other game companies would take a page from your book. However, I can’t give the 5 stars I really want to give, because of the steep grade of the camera angle, you are not able to target at the full extent of the range of your ranged attacks. I have found many things discussing all that need be done is change the .Ini file. I have found no way to do this on an iPad. It is very frustrating how close I have to be before I can target. The second camera issue would be resolved by decreasing the angle of the default camera to be just a little more behind, instead of above the character. I tried the camera in Follow, Drive and default, all of the options and Could not increase my range of sight. Still, the trees blocked the camera, allowing only the small bubble of sight. I do love everything else about the way NWN ee plays on the iPad, but the shortened range of sight is really terrible. Please look into changing the default for iPad users. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback!
Good, But No Toolset
OK, actual review time.
Lots of bugs.
1) The inventory radial menu icon does nothing.
2) Sometime highlights from one item appear when looking at another item from another chest.
3) There really needs to be some form of toolset implementation.
4) It still has an occasional memory leak, which was left over from. The PC/Mac game. Every once in a while, on a reload, everything drops to like 1 FPS or less.
5) The NPC AI needs to be improved a tad, your henchmen and familiars, etc. can box you into tight space and then not move.
6) You need to be able to tell familiars and animal companions to NOT attack chests. They will do it forever.
7) Marrok, the blacksmith guy, sometimes just wont make a recipe. The parts are there, he is there, but, nope–
8) The main character will often, all of a sudden, just stop doing anything when in the midst of a fight. Usually the PCs track new targets very well, but sometimes the main one just decides to stand there for a while, no condition or effect on them, and do nothing, even when gettin hit. I have tested this one a bunch. It mostly happens when a lot of action is going on.
Please, make the toolset another app, and use Files to transfer new stuff to the game. It could not be that hard. The toolset is really what made this game special.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2022 Beamdog
- In-App Purchases
- Adventure Pack $0.00
- Kingmaker $0.00
- Shadowguard $0.00
- Witch's Wake $0.00
- Infinite Dungeons $2.99
- Tyrants of the Moonsea $4.99
- Heroes of Neverwinter $2.99
- Darkness Over Daggerford $4.99
- Pirates of the Sword Coast $2.99
- Wyvern Crown of Cormyr $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.