Lockdown blocks trackers and badware in all your apps, blocking an estimated 100 million trackers per month for over 300,000 people.
— Comprehensive Protection —
Lockdown has two privacy features: Firewall and Secure Tunnel VPN. Each feature protects you from different threats, creating the complete solution for protecting your personal data, browsing history, and sensitive connections.
FIREWALL — Blocks Hidden Trackers: The world's first on-device, open source blocker that stops ads, trackers, and badware in all your apps.
— BASIC FIREWALL FEATURES —
- Simple, one-tap to get protected against thousands of trackers for most users
- Fully customizable blocking for advanced users: block any domain / service
- Works for all apps, not just the browser
- Useful preconfigured block lists that are updated every week
- Blocking works "on-device" meaning it does all of its blocking without sending all your data to a third party server, unlike other blocking apps
—ADVANCED FIREWALL FEATURES—
- Import and create your own custom lists
- Export your custom lists to share with others and save offline
- Block thousands more trackers
- Access to advanced curated lists and app specific block lists (e.g. TikTok, iFunny, Junes Journey)
— SECURE TUNNEL VPN FEATURES —
- Hide your location and unique IP address with one tap
- Keeps you safe on public wi-fi hotspots and sites
- Stops spying from snoopers and your ISP or cellular provider
- Ultrafast with over a dozen regions globally
— TRANSPARENCY YOU CAN TRUST —
- Lockdown is Openly Operated certified with a public 38-page audit report, and audited multiple times by security professionals
- View full OpenAudit Report: https://openaudit.com/lockdownprivacy
— UNPARALLELED PRIVACY —
- Open Source: Since firewalls have access to *everything* you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
- On-Device: Lockdown Firewall doesn’t connect to any servers. No logs of your browsing are sent to third parties or to our servers when using Lockdown Firewall.
— PRESS COVERAGE —
- The Washington Post
- Business Insider
- Cult of Mac
- The Mac Observer
Follow us on Twitter: @lockdown_hq
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockdown - https://lockdownprivacy.com
The subscriptions have a free one week trial, after which you will be charged through your iTunes account. Price may vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription early. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings. The Lockdown Secure Tunnel VPN subscriptions (Anonymous + Universal plans) grant unlimited data and encryption through the Lockdown VPN service.
Lockdown 2.0.6 has the following updates:
UI improvement - screens are now scrollable when accessibility settings for zoom is enabled
UX improvement - improved management of firewall and VPN from within phone settings
Bug Fixes - fixed bug upon app open for some users experiencing a crash
Ratings and Reviews
Stopped Working In Background..(UPDATE)
UPDATE: I figured out with some trial & error that this app will continue to block trackers in the background but only if you have the VPN “secure tunnel” activated in the app with “background app refresh” turned on. The “Firewall” must also be turned on. If you only have the “firewall” activated but not the VPN “secure tunnel”, it does not seem to block trackers like Facebook that collect data on you while you sleep. I’m adding one star. It would be great if they made the firewall work by itself in the background because I’d rather not use a VPN at home, but I can live with it for now. Overall, I really like this app & company and recommend this product.
I’ve been using Lockdown for about six months now. At first, I thought it was amazing. It would block many add trackers like Facebook and Google, even while I slept at night. However, I noticed recently that those trackers stopped showing up in my “tracking log” each morning. “App Background Refresh” is turned on, but it makes no difference. Nothing seems to be getting blocked unless I am actively using my phone. This is a big concern, and I hope they can figure out what’s going on or I will need to start looking at other options.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mattie Pie, thanks for your reviews and comments. Sorry about the issue you're seeing - the app should definitely continue blocking trackers in both conditions that you described. We can't seem to reproduce the bug that you're describing, can you please reach out to email@example.com so we can help you out?
VPN doesn’t work and zero customer service
This is another company that is more than happy to take your money and not provide you with any customer service when the product you are paying them for doesn’t work. Their VPN disconnects itself while you’re trying to actively use it more than it does it’s intended job. And their “customer service” is nonexistent. They don’t care that they took my money yet I’m not getting the benefit of their service…5 minutes of vpn usage doesn’t count to justify a monthly payment. Their pathetically lacking FAQS section and such on their website is a much too small bandaid for the size of wound this company is hemorrhaging from. All software is up to date, internet connection is more than adequate and of course cellular data is turned on, background app refresh is on, low battery mode is always off, there are zero other security products being used, and connect on demand has been tried for long periods of time both on and off…your product still turns itself off and consistently won’t stay on. Yet, after I sent an email almost two week ago and have paid for an entire month of service, I still haven’t received a response from lockdown. If you’re as tired of companies thinking they can screw you over just because you’re a person and not a corporation, then do not use this company.
Continuing to experience degraded service.
Makes me regret suggesting the app to others. If you keep the persistent ad for your 'upgrade' with no way to turn it off even when I already HAVE the upgrade, along with the other issues you introduced with 2.0 I'll never suggest your app to anyone again. Your app went from a good app to useless overnight. Firewall won't stay connected. Please, add another metric: invasive tracking NOT blocked because the app doesn't work any more. VPN won't stay connected and lets apps through. A VPN that won't stay connect and doesn't let you know it disconnected is called a failure. Thus, this app is a failure. Was good, should never have let it update. Part 2: after weeks of degraded service with the update, I find that now apps like the weather app can't get to data. Turn off Lockdown and it takes milliseconds to refresh the data. Turn on Lockdown and it is minutes at best before the data will populate upon opening the app fresh. Part 3: weeks later, VPN still keeps disconnecting for no apparent (valid) reason. Months later, I am saddened that this review still holds truth, nothing has gotten better, but the app still doesn't stay connected, apps still get past the haphazard firewall, and it is totally unpredictable. I regret forgetting to check all the time to see if the VPN is connected or not. Unfortunately I paid for a year.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Confirmed, Inc.
- 84.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Confirmed, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- One Month of Lockdown VPN $8.99
- One Year of Lockdown VPN $59.99
- One Month of Lockdown VPN Pro $11.99
- Lockdown iOS Firewall Monthly $3.99
- One Year of Lockdown VPN Pro $99.99
- Lockdown iOS Firewall Annual $29.99
- Lockdown Pro Annual LTO $59.99