Learn how to Call For Fire using both Grid and Polar missions. The training app built for soldiers by soldiers.
Welcome to Call For Fire, the mobile training simulation that teaches you how to Call For Fire and coordinate indirect artillery and mortar fire.
This game will put you in an Observation Post and arm you with a radio enabling you to rain down hell on enemy armoured vehicles and personnel.
This is not your typical shoot em up arcade game. Call For Fire is a training simulation built by soldiers for soldiers. It closely simulates what it is really like to call in indirect fires onto a target.
The Call For Fire is based on the US JFIRE doctrine and will teach you how to coordinate artillery fire in a coalition environment. The game will enable you to learn the art of coordinating indirect fires utilizing both Grid and Polar missions.
By playing this game you will learn:
* Correct RATEL procedures for all stages of the Call For Fire
* How to adjust fires onto Line OT (Observer Target)
* How to correctly bracket a target
* How to send in a BDA (Battle Damage Assessment)
THIS GAME IS FOR YOU IF:
1. You are a coalition soldier and are interested in perfecting your skills at calling for fire.
2. You are a military instructor or commander looking for a tool to teach your soldiers how to Call For Fire.
3. You are a soldier in training and want to get a competitive edge on your call for fire skills.
4. You are just interested in learning how soldiers call for fire on the battlefield.
Language options modified.
Tesco barriers and sandbags targets modified and improved.
Minor fixes to Polar missions
Ratings and Reviews
Great app to build from
Out freakin standing, building a CFF app. I was happy to pay for it. I love the realism for how to CFF. My few critiques would be; speed of the computer read backs (I would like to Challange myself with speed but it’s hard with a slow computer), add more types of missions (SFKP, immediate suppression, maybe some CAS or CCA), and make it harder terrain features (mountains to force using elevation adjustment). One more thing, make the guns more accurate. I want first round steel on steel. Great job developing this, I would definitely do in app purchases to add some of the things listed above.
I’m not in the military but I was curious to see how this worked. I definitely took me some time to figure out the OT line and how it relates to my the target. I’m interested to know why my first target rounds are softer so far off. I’m certain I’m inputting the correct numbers. Is it wind and weather factors? Or just to make the game interesting? Obviously if it was correct on the first shot, it wouldn’t be very challenging. But what am I correcting for? Incorrect calculations? Adjusting for wind and weather etc.?
I guess what I want to know is if my data is correct why am I adjusting for inaccuracy of the fire.
Hope this makes sense I know I’m not using correct terms.
Being in the military sucked but calling for fire was always awesome.
Not a lot of people would say they would pay a lot of money to just get to do their MOS one more time but if you called for fire as an MOS than you probably would. This game brings you back to the most fun part of being in the military for forward observers or as you say know FISTers (that doesn’t sound politically correct 😉). If someone makes an app where users can do a 9 or 6 line fire mission for air support I would pay a lot for that. Who doesn’t want to remember directing aircraft to drop bombs as a teenager? Fun times. Thanks for recreating some of that with this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simulation Training Group Pty Ltd
- 213.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Simulation Training Group Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.