Eliminate Spam with smart Spam detection. Use quick rules and actions to rapidly clear your inbox. AltaMail has way more features than any other mobile app! Separate work and home emails for clarity and focus. AltaMail has the easiest to use, yet most advanced email features of any app. You can build rules & filters, create full searches, mixed inbox view layouts, mail shots and much more.
Supports practically every leading email type IMAP, POP, Exchange, Outlook, iCloud, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.
Full customization of menus, views, actions, swipes, email font, color, layout, shortcuts, filters, rules, smart folders, flags and notifications.
- Press Reviews
Incredible iPhone Apps for Dummies "The more e-mail you send & receive on your iPhone/iPad, the more you'll appreciate AltaMail"
AppShouter "this app expands the possibilities for mail"
iPhone Apps Finder "a very solid business app - 9/10"
ArticleClick "bottom line is that this app expands the possibilities for mail on your iPhone or iPad"
Free to try
- Work-life balance https://esz.us/wb
Group and view your email accounts in different categories, eg. work, personal etc.
Turn on "locations" to automatically view your work emails at work, and your home emails at home - or view all emails but re-order based on your location
Schedule emails to send at a later time
Schedule checking for new emails
- Inbox Zero!
Swipe emails for quick actions. eg. move to folder, mark as spam, mark as read, delete, set flags, reply with template, quick reply, snooze/set reminders and much more!
Bulk select & delete email across multiple accounts simultaneously
Show email threads with a single tap, bulk move or file the entire thread at once
Create your own swipe actions and rules to make managing your email even faster
Move emails to different accounts
Create your own email views, filtered by account, type, subject and much more. eg. news, lists, friends, purchases.
Sort emails by unread, importance, subject, sender & more.
Set email flags/categories/gmail labels and view emails by flag
Create, rename and delete email folders.
Automatically remove older emails
- Email rules
The most sophisticated email rules engine on the app store! Huge range of choices for filters and actions.
Set up rules to auto reply, auto delete, auto file/archive, set flags & lots more
- Eradicate spam
A quick swipe will mark and email as spam, move it to the spam folder, block the sender email address and unsubscribe - in one action!
Optional spam filter to check your email for you
Create your own spam actions and rules to do things your way
Manage meeting requests, compare with events
Email a summary of available times
Print your calendar/reminders
- Mailshots & Templates
Quickly create mail merge/mailshot templates & send to contacts
Use templates for auto replies
Many merge fields to chose from
Secure email server communication and 2 factor authentication
Quick new email notifications with actions
Read receipts for sent email
Custom email sounds
Schedules for notifications & sounds
Filter notifications & sounds
View contact email history
Edit contact groups & contacts
Save emails as files in folders or cloud servers
Zip/unzip files & folders
Save/attach files with cloud servers
Sync accounts and settings between your Mac, iPhone & Pad
Free 30 day trial then a 99c/month or 1 year subscription ($9.99 varies by region). Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account and auto-renew unless turned off prior to 24-hours before the end, otherwise your account is charged within 24-hours of the end.
Subscriptions are managed & auto-renewal is turned off in your iTunes Account Settings. The free trial stops when a subscription starts.
• Added an email message viewing layout compatibility setting. In the App Settings - Email section • Fixed a problem with doing a long tap on the thread email toolbar buttons • Fixed an issue when using the "Reply with template" action when viewing an email • Improved compatibility for viewing emails in dark mode • Better detection of email signatures when resending emails
Support our hard working team - support regular updates and new AltaMail features with a quick review on the App Store, thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
AltaMail is one powerful email system
I have been using AltaMail on my iPhone for over 8 years and on my iMac for over 2 years. This is a very powerful email client that any power user would love and is definitely an option for the average user as well. It is not the best client for the casual user because of the relatively steep learning curve and the many processing / setup options that could be overwhelming.
The AltaMail application includes an email client, contacts, calendar and web browser in a single app. All components are synchronized with the Mac’s email, contacts and calendar applications making them highly functional. It also integrates with the Mac and IOS file systems and iCloud servers and iPhoto.
I have 4 email addresses that are live on AltaMail (Gmail, Yahoo, AT&T, Comcast) with my main email being gmail.
Here are the key items that I really love about AltaMail:
1. Ability to customize the set up so the app works exactly like I want it to work. This includes a sidebar with just the functions I frequently use. Once setup, a simple click takes me to where I want to go. This also includes powerful search functions so I can find things like “all emails that have been read, or have attachments, or have a high priority, have a flag, have been answered, have been forwarded, emails that came from a known sender, an unknown sender, is one of my contacts, etc.”.
2. In a single day I can get over 200 emails (many being retail offers or spam). With 2 clicks and a simple swipe action, I can mark as read all emails….poof gone! Try that with Apple Mail.
3. Business rules are easy to set up so I can file any email into a folder for future reference as well as immediately handle spam. The actions that can be taken are very powerful. In addition to filing an email in a folder you can also do such things as ‘ move to trash, set flag, mark as read, copy to email account, move to email account, play a sound, reply with a template, unsubscribe, print, and more’.
4. When on an email a simple swipe right or left brings up actions that would work on that email such as ‘read, unread, reply, reply to all, forward, reply with template, add a new rule, move to file, move to folder, print, delete, set flag, spam, open with app, share, set gmail labels, show email thread and more’.
5. The ability to mark as read both the inbox and ‘filed in folder ‘email at the same time.
6. The integrated help system is excellent. It is extremely easy to reference just about any feature and get step by step instructions.
7. Functionality is the same between Mac, iPhone and iPad.
8. Answer the question “what happened to my email”. The history function gives you immediate insight into what happened to your email (where was it filed, what business rule was used, did it go to spam, etc.).
9. Quick access to Calendar, Contacts and Web from within the AltaMail app.
10. Ability to change how emails appear, ‘text size, color, boarders, send vs. inbox, etc.’, very handy to differentiate emails from multiple email addresses.
11. Right click on an email to take an action like, ‘attach to a new email, save as document, remove duplicate emails, open all threads, change email appearance, reply with template and more’
12. The customer service is 5 star. When you have a question or problem, you send an integrated help request right from within the application. It is all done by email which is a bit cumbersome, however you always get an answer within a day or sooner. They are extremely responsive.
What I don’t like:
1. There is a learning curve due to the many features of AltaMail. This is a two edge sword in that you can probably tailor AltaMil to make this app do exactly what you want, but you need to invest the time to truly understand the settings. Don’t get frustrated, it’s worth it in the long run.
2. The Mac app is a port from the iOS app, so it is not a native Mac app. This doesn’t hurt the deep functionality, however, it does impact the WYSIWYG functionality you expect on the Mac (ie. in how some of the windows work, scalability of text, drag and drop, etc.). This is something that is minor in the long run if you are looking for a robust email system. The WYSIWYG problem is really due to the app being a port from the iPhone (where the features really don’t exist). Hopefully, this will become a native Mac app in the future.
3. Some emails don’t render properly. This is random and will occur from a few vendors that probably are using some outdated code for their emails. I would occasionally need to open Apple Mail to read an email, which is OK, but not ideal.
Things I don’t use (because I am retired) but would think are powerful for the business user:
1. It has the ability to segregate business emails from personal emails with one click
2. Template responses would be very useful. They are completely customizable and can be easily accessed with one click from the side bar or a simple swipe action on an email..
3. Scheduling of email sends (send emails at 8 AM vs. immediately)
4. Setting of email reminders with a simple swipe to follow up today at a specific time, tomorrow, next week, In a week, by the weekend or choose a date.
I gladly pay the $10 per year recurring subscription fee because of the power of AltaMail (one for the iPhone and one for the Mac). I give the iPhone app 5 stars and the Mac app 4 stars. The main reason for the 1 star difference is that the Mac app is not a fully native Mac app. Once the app is a native app, it becomes a 5 star on the Mac.
1. This app has so many settings and options. This is both good amd bad. You can set up AltaMail any way you want, but the settings are so confusing that it will take you hours and perhaps days to get it set up they way you want. The setting descriptions and "instructions" are often completely unintelligible. The settings options are just too confusing and too much.
2. The tech support is indeed fast. But sometimes the instructions are also confusing and hard to understand.
3. Though the past updates on the Mac and iOS versions tout better synchoniaztion between AltaMail flags and Apple Mail flgs, it simply doesn't work, and after dozens of emails back and forth between tech support and myself, they tell me the issue is something to do with Apple's way of doing things. I wasted so much time trying to figure this out.
4. I have paid for a subscription for the iOS version of AltaMail. I do not mind that. After days and days of setting up all the options, I can live with that, notwithstanding the Flags issue. BUT, to have to pay yet another subscription for the Mac version of AltaMail...that's the deal breaker! Back to AirMail where 1 subscription covers the iOS and Mac version.
I give up.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please contact our help desk team for a rapid response about any questions with settings https://esz.us/c The online help can also help you. Make sure you use the Apple compatibility setting for flags. The 99c charge is used to directly support our developer team for continuous updates and customer feature suggestions. It is also a 3rd of the price of other apps so even with the mac version it is still cheaper.
App went from my most favorit mail app to a steaming pile. I have uninstalled!
Developer Response ,
Hi, please update to OS X 10.15.5 to fix all of the problems you described. Contact our help desk team for a rapid response with assistance https://esz.us/c
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- EuroSmartz Ltd
- 15.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2008-2021, EuroSmartz Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year of updates. autorenews $9.99
- 1 month of updates. autorenews $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.