Incognito is a private web browser you can pull up anywhere. From any app: long-press a link or select text, tap Share, and then choose the Incognito action extension. Boom: instant web browser!
Need to lock people out of your web history or bookmarks? Incognito can do that too!
Incognito is great for:
• Viewing a web page inside the current app without jumping to Safari.
• Opening sketchy links without risking your privacy.
• Reopening a web page with cookies disabled — and yes, that means Incognito lets you dodge most paywalls.
• Searching Google from anywhere — just select the text you want to search, choose “Share” from the popup menu, and then choose the “Search in Incognito” action!
• Keeping your web history and bookmarks private and passcode-locked. Or you can disable browsing history and leave no trace!
Incognito is also a Swiss Army Knife of web tools:
• Open a page in another browser such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, or DuckDuckGo.
• Remove AMP so you can browse or share the original URL.
• Translate the page using Google Translate (beta).
• Clear your session history.
Incognito is all about privacy:
• All web browsing is in “private mode” by default, so all cookies and web data are discarded after each session.
• Incognito has no ads, no third-party trackers, and does not send or re-route your web searches anywhere.
• If you require extra privacy, Incognito has options to disable browsing history and/or exclude it from your iCloud Backups.
Incognito is free to download and try for 14 days. Once the trial trial ends, unlock the app forever for a small, one-time fee. Incognito was created by Adam, an independent developer living in California.
Ratings and Reviews
It just works!
First of all, this app isn’t meant to replace your regular web browser. If that’s what you want, you should probably look elsewhere. However, if you’re happy with using Safari (or some other browser) normally but you want some extra privacy/security/anonymity when visiting certain links, this app is hard to beat. It just works!
I also like the fact that I’m forced to close the incognito window to get back to whatever app I was using previously. It seems like a minor thing, but let’s just say that I’ve embarrassed myself before by leaving private Safari tabs open.
So Far, So Good
I haven’t had any problems with the app at all, it does what they say it will do. One tiny thing that bothers me is that sometimes the app doesn’t automatically close if I’m away from the screen for a certain amount of time. It may just be that I haven’t set it up to do so correctly, but I’m having a hard time with that. Otherwise it works beautifully.
Add tabs so we can open background tabs
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Overdesigned, LLC
- 3.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020–2022 Overdesigned, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 14-Day Trial $0.00
- Unlock $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.