Bison Safe is the official safety app of Howard University. It is the only app that integrates with Howard University's safety and security systems. The Howard University Department of Public Safety has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Howard University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Bison Safe features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Howard University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Howard University security in real-time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to Howard University security.
- Campus Maps
- Campus Map: Navigate around the Howard University area.
- Crime Mapping: View recent crimes that have occurred on and near campus.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from Howard University safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.
Ratings and Reviews
No way to book an appointment
For 2 months they’ve been trying to make you book an appointment through the app and I’ve only been able to do that ONCE before the option to book stopped showing up on my app. The nurses and others working at the testing sites have tried figuring out the issue but they couldn’t. I get tested every week, but now that we are facing disciplinary action if we don’t book and get tested every week through the APP, it makes it complicated as I don’t even have the option to do so. Fix the app. I’m not about to get suspended over the app not working when I’ve been doing everything I’m supposed to do. Like who can I talk to at this point??
app interface is broken
whoever designed the app interface clearly doesn’t really know what they’re doing. the buttons don’t respond when you click them. it will actually highlight the words on the button to copy rather than actually click the button itself.
howard requires the symptom check self-assessment but it takes at least 10 minutes to get past the “get started” portal to actually then “login,” “select person,” “create pass” and then complete your self-assessment. the app wasn’t perfect prior to our return to campus for spring semester but it was definitely better than this.
please fix this because it is making our spring semester increasingly difficult. especially with staff members that are dismissive and not very understanding that the app is not working.
The self assessment is falling
Everytime I answer yes to covid symptoms of the self assessment, the system falls and doesn’t go through. When I click no, it goes through and am able to submit. I want to report I have symptoms and don’t know whether to show up or not but I can’t because the app freezes.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Howard University, Inc.
- 13.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Howard University, Inc.