Hand Mirror 4+
One-click camera check
- Offers In-App Purchases
"App You Didn't Know You Needed" — App Store
Hand Mirror is a super simple app that lives in your Menu Bar (little cozy top right corner of your Mac) and gives you a one-click access camera check!
‣ Need to jump on a video call? Quick camera check.
‣ Need to quickly check your surroundings? Quick camera check.
‣ Need a view of your camera for when you're streaming or recording your screen? Quick camera check and drag the window around.
‣ Need to check your face because you're gorgeous? Quick camera check.
Want more? Good thing for Hand Mirror Plus:
It's a one-time purchase that will unlock all past, present, and future features added to the app, like:
‣ Smart Window: Fully customizable, resizable, positioned window
‣ Window Masks: Zoom, crop, tweak border radius, make your camera view just like you like it
‣ Custom position: Want to trigger the window right below your camera, pick where the window appears
‣ Notch Trigger: If you're on a compatible device, you can click right on the camera housing area to trigger Hand Mirror
‣ Custom App Icons and Menu Bar Icons: Make the Menu Bar icon match your camera and or your taste
‣ Mic Check (COMING SOON): [REDACTED]
(every time a new feature is released with Hand Mirror Plus, the price will go up, so this bundle will never be as cheap as NOW).
Here's what some really nice people said about this little app:
"A-Plus Apps for Students"
‣ App Store
"Your Work-From-Home Toolkit"
‣ App Store
"It’s incredibly useful"
‣ Jay Peters, The Verge
"It's free, it's cute, it's awesome"
‣ Quinn "Snazzy Labs" Nelson
“Hand Mirror is a great little app (…) just download it!”
‣ Brett Burney, on Mac Power Users
"I'm putting this on every device now, it's incredibly handy"
‣ Charlie Chapman, also on Mac Power Users
“One of my favorite apps of all time.”
‣ Sara Soueidan
“It is so good!”
‣ Dieter Bohn
“Every remote worker needs this Mac app - quick check yo'self camera reviews before you jump on that Zoom call!”
‣ James Doman-Pipe
"Mac users, Hand Mirror by @rafahari is by far the best way to check your video's look before jumping on a Zoom call. Worth every penny. Which is none. It's free."
‣ Keith Monaghan
“Still crashes on launch!”
‣ Tim Van Damme
This app does not record, collect, or send your data anywhere — for three reasons:
1. There's absolutely no need, it's just a feed of your own web camera.
2. I wouldn't do that, that's just creepy.
3. And most importantly: I don't even have the programming skills to do that. Seriously, but thanks for thinking that I did!
A Bug's Life: Some people had Smart Window stopped showing up for them with the last update, this is an emergency fix — if you still have the issue after updating please reach out by sending me an email to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
How is this not standard with all Macs?
This is one of those tools that you won't know you need until you've ever been stuck in a situation where you needed it. Long story short, I am a pharmacy student that occasionally has to record a presentation as an assignment with a live recording of my face somewhere in the corner of the presentation. I've tried everything from OBS to Camtasia (great software, just either takes hella time to set up or are very pricy). This has to be easiest option to make sure you have a recording of yourself and your presentation!
This app is honestly so critical
This app has a 2-second use case in my day, but it's essential! It's just a keyboard shortcut away, and it's there for you – just before you hit that "join" button and barrel into your zoom meeting – for a quick 2-second check to make sure the lighting isn't making you look liker a murderer, you have a thing in your teeth, you forgot to wear a shirt that day, etc. ....I only use it in moments of haste, and though it's function is relatively simple, it's never failed me. THANK YOU, Dev Dude ❤️ Rafael? ❤️
The description doesn't even sell its best feature - always on top
The best thing about this app is that you have the option to keep your camera always on top. That means if you click on another app, it doesn't steal the focus and bury the camera feed behind the app. This is useful for those of use who want to record or stream video showing our face as well as our screen. In my case, I make a lot of tutorials and videos for my job and I like to be able to show my face and the screen at the same time.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rafael Conde
- 20.8 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Rafa.Design
- In-App Purchases
- Hand Mirror Plus $4.99
- Hand Mirror Plus (Generous) $10.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.