The swiss army knife of lossless video/audio editing
LosslessCut aims to be the ultimate cross platform ffmpeg GUI for extremely fast and lossless operations on video, audio, subtitle and other related media files. The main feature is lossless trimming and cutting of video and audio files, which is great for saving space by rough-cutting your large video files taken from a video camera, GoPro, drone, etc. It lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard many gigabytes of data without doing a slow re-encode and thereby losing quality. Or you can add a music or subtitle track to your video without needing to encode. Everything is extremely fast because it does an almost direct data copy, fueled by the awesome ffmpeg which does all the grunt work.
- Lossless cutting of most video and audio formats
- Losslessly cut out parts of video/audio (for cutting away commercials etc.)
- Lossless merge/concatenation of arbitrary files (with identical codecs parameters, e.g. from same camera)
- Lossless stream editing: Combine arbitrary tracks from multiple files (ex. add music or subtitle track to a video file)
- Losslessly extract all tracks from a file (extract video, audio, subtitle and other tracks from one file into separate files)
- Remux into any compatible output format
- Take full-resolution snapshots from videos in JPEG/PNG format
- Manual input of cutpoint times
- Apply a per-file timecode offset
- Change rotation/orientation metadata in videos
- View technical data about all streams
- Timeline zoom and frame/keyframe jumping
- Saves per project cut segments to project file
- View ffmpeg last command log so you can modify and re-run recent commands on the command line
- Give labels to cut segments
- View segment details, export/import cut segments as CSV
- Video thumbnails and audio waveform
Example lossless use cases:
- Remove audio tracks from a file
- Add music to a video (or replace existing audio track)
- Include a subtitle into a video
- Extract music track from a video and cut it to your needs
- Cut out commercials from a recorded TV show
- Fix rotation of a video that has the wrong orientation flag set
- Quickly change a H264 MKV video to MOV or MP4 for playback on iPhone
- Import a list of cut times from other tool as a EDL (edit decision list, CSV) and run these cuts with LosslessCut
- Export a list of cut times as a CSV EDL and run these in another tool
- Loop a video / audio clip X times quickly without re-encoding
* Please note:
- LosslessCut is not a tool for exact cutting. Start cut time will be "rounded" to the nearest previous keyframe, which may be up to several seconds before your desired cut point, depending on the video encoding.
- Although LosslessCut can open almost any audio/video format, there are some that can not be cut. There are some known issues with cutting videos from the newest iPhones
Video music: Believe by Roa https://soundcloud.com/roa_music1031
- Better playback of non-natively supported formats
- Show progress for all conversions
- Improve track/file info
- Bugfixes and text improvements
- Fix available languages
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Saves you lots of time
Super fast. Saves you from bothering to learn the commands for ffmpeg, life is too short. Worth it!
Exports did not line up with my cuts
Used this to chop up 7 videos into segments. I scrubbed my large files to place start/end points on the exact frames. The outputs all started 4-5 seconds before where I placed the start points.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry that LosslessCut did not meet your expectations. This is a limitation with lossless cutting due to keyframes. For some files, there may be up to multiple seconds between keyframes. I will update the app description to make it more clear.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.