Enjoy 18% off for bask-to-school sales
iBiome-Changing Ice is a beautifully-illustrated game that blends entertainment with environmental science, tapping into young players critical thinking skills and extraordinary passion for all living things. Players discover the wonder and fragility of the polar regions and experience the impact climate change is having on its inhabitants.
This game is super fun! Kids build cool ‘domes’ – creating their own mini-habitat. They conduct virtual experiments to validate their hypothesis and challenge the natural order of species (think: Darwin) in the planet’s frozen regions.
Imagine putting climate change under the microscope! Kids play with NASA satellite images to understand the impact greenhouse gases are having on the Arctic and Antarctic. Kids get eco-smart, and are motivated to set up their eco-footprint goals and track their real world impact from their daily decisions on transportation, recycling and food choices.
iBiome-Changing Ice is a fun, engaging way to celebrate science and nature! It unites families around climate change – and importantly - climate action. Now kids can set their goals to reduce carbon footprint and track the impact they create in the real world.
• Learn about Arctic, Antarctic, Tundra and Boreal Forest and the miraculous animals, organisms and biodiversity that survive in these frozen regions
• Conduct virtual experiments to validate how species depend on each other
• Build a ‘web-of-life’ to explore the ecological order of species in this frozen hierarchy
• Play the environmental science behind global warming
• Experience greenhouse effect in a vivid experience through an innovative mini game - Loop.
• Have fun with NASA satellite images and learn the how global warming are causing corresponding changes in sea ice in a new Bounce mini game
• Play with our daily choices in recycling, transportation and food choices, and see (literately) why together we make a big difference.
• Get inspired to set up your eco-footprint goals and start tracking your impact with the super-cool augmented reality function.
• Challenge your friends and family to an iBiome CO2-reduction race and see how little changes can make a big difference.
+ Inspiring original artwork, vibrantly illustrated
+ Expertly written and simply communicated by our team of science consultants (see website for iBiome game science consultants)
+ Developmentally appropriate language, clear explanations
+ Curriculum-aligned, game-based learning for science and/or environmental science through exploration, discovery and problem solving
+ Biology and ecology concepts reinforced: ecosystems, energy, environment, global warming and climate change
+ No in-app purchases
+ No ads
We respect your privacy and your child’s. We do not collect or share personal information about your child nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/SpringbayStudio
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpringbayStudio
Visit us at: http://www.springbaystudio.com/
We love and learn from your feedback. We greatly appreciate any input you’d like to share for future updates. If something isn't working as you would expect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update the French and Chinese localization labels plus minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Make more apps
I love your games ! But there are very few of them. So please make more apps. The rain forests need help. Why don’t you make one of those?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Springbay Studio Ltd.
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- Copyright © 2020 Springbay Studio Ltd. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.