With sEGments slicer/sampler app you can Import any loop/sample/audio file and find the best samples inside it, using the automatic transient detection or manually adding markers.
You can play the slices with any MIDI external controller or with the builtin pads and keyboard layout; also each slice can be played chromatically as in a real synth with mono or polyphonic voices (up to 12).
Each slice has independent parameters (all automatable in any AU host), such as reverse, level, attack, release, start point and length and individual fxs (reverb, delay, bitcrusher and filter) that can be changed on the fly thanks to its flexible audio engine.
sEGments automatically detect BPM and root key of your audio file and it can adjust its tempo and pitch according to your project settings.
It can be used both in standalone or hosted as AudioUnit AU3 inside apps like GarageBand, AUM, BeatMaker3, NanoStudio2, n-Track9 and others, and it supports AU Multi-output.
- Stand-alone, AudioUnit, AudioUnit Multi-output & AudioUnit FX
- Universal app for both your iPad & iPhone
- MIDI in /MIDI out
- AU3 multi-output
- AU3 Fx to record samples from other apps
- import your sample in multiple formats (wav, aiff, mp3, mov, caf, m4a)
- Samples Drag & drop from File App or via airdrop from your Mac or other iOS devices
- Up to 16 slices each one with individual parameters, ADSR and effects (delay, reverb, bit crusher and filter)
- 6 triggering modes - one shot, gate, loop, ping pong, link, thru
- BPM & Key detection
- Record from device mic, usb audio devices or other apps
- Transient detection
- Transient beat division
- Import/export presets
- Open slices directly in EG Pulse
- Support Apple loops transients recognition
- Lazy chopping
- Realtime time stretching and pitch shifting
- Mono & polyphonic up to 12 voices
- Downloadable sample pack by Soundtrack Loops
Please remember that is just the first version of the app, so if you have any feeback, request or suggestion please write at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix wrong AU parameters mapping
- sEGments recorder - monitoring button added
- added slices 17-32 to AU parameters
- Fixed distorted audio when recording into sEGments FX
- Fixed MIDI map for slices 17-32
- intorducing sEGments SUPERSONIC VERSION in-app purchase:
1. Up to 32 Slices/Pads
2. Multiple samples import
3. Improved timestretch algorithm
Ratings and Reviews
So glad this exists
Love your plugins. Keep up the good work.
I have some feature requests.
- please enable sync recording just as in aum so perfect loops can be recorded directly into segments and then evenly chopped.
- please enable a zoom view.
- extra please!!! Can you add lock (sync) time of a slice so its rhythm stays the same and the pitch can change via keyboard or slider. This was actually the primary reason i wanted segments. I want to be able to record parts and then transpose them while maintaining timing. It seems like it almost does this now but not quite.
- make default volume say cc100 and be able to turn a slice up to max say cc127 with clean volume, vs dirty gain (which is a great feature btw)
- in stand alone on iphone xr/11 fx mix of delay and crush are in accessible due to ios app switch bar :/
After playing around with it there’s some things I’d like to see
Would really like to be able to hold a slice down and have it play continuously while playing another slice like Abu Dhabi in Korg Gadget. I’m not a huge fan of Gadget, but going back and playing
with it recently made me realize how well thought out that sampler is and its superb effect options. With sEGments you’re not stuck in a walled garden though and that is huge.
I think the best elements from BM3’s sampler, Abu Dhabi and Ableton’s simpler would be amazing, but also a huge undertaking that might be out of scope of this app. Still a must have app and this developer surprised me with his speed implementing stuff in his other app. 👌
Looks like something comparable to Ableton’s simpler dropped on iOS.
Dev, would you please consider adding copy slice to another slice slot? Thanks for your tremendous work so far 💯👌
We’ve been waiting a long time for this one. So easy to use. I’d say this is one of my top 5 app purchase this year and definitely the best for slicing. The shot slice mode in itself is worth the price of admission. I would love to see the ability to replace individual slices with other samples, but I do realize that could be a different genre of a music app all together. Thank you Elliot Garage for such amazing work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- andrea angelini
- 66.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © ElliottGarage @2020
- In-App Purchases
- sEGments SUPERSONIC EDITION $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.