"iAM Smart" is a free account for all Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID Card) holders aged 11 or above. It allows users to perform authentication through personal mobile phones, to log in and use the online services of different government departments and commercial organisations with a single digital identity.
"iAM Smart" account is available in two versions, namely "iAM Smart" and "iAM Smart+". The "iAM Smart" version has authentication, form filling and personalised notifications functions, while the "iAM Smart+" version has the digital signing function in addition:-.
√ Users will have a single digital identity that enables simple and secure login to various government and commercial online services. It brings convenience to daily life without having to manage different user names and passwords.
● Form Filling with e-ME
√ Users can use the "e-ME" function to store their personalised data (such as name, gender, HKID Card number, date of birth, residential address, and contact phone number), and enjoy the convenience brought by auto form filling and avoid filling in the same data for different applications.
● Personalised Notification
√ Users can choose to receive personalised notifications from various government online services to keep up with service updates, expiry alerts and latest information.
● Digital Signing
√ Users can use "iAM Smart+" to sign digitally in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Ordinance (Chapter 553 of the Laws of Hong Kong) to process legal documents and procedures online.
To register and activate your "iAM Smart", simply:
● Use mobile device with biometric authentication functions enabled (including fingerprint or facial identification) to download and install the "智方便 iAM Smart" app
● Scan the HKID Card according to the instructions, and let the app to read the HKID Card information and verify the authenticity of the HKID Card
● Align your face with the photo frame on the screen, do the actions specified by the system and take selfies for real person and facial identification
● Wait for the identity verification based on the records of his/her identity card after submission of the application
● Perform mobile phone built-in biometric authentication, set up "iAM Smart" 6 digital password and provide email address upon successful identity verification
● Start using "iAM Smart" platform immediately once the above steps are completed
To register or upgrade to "iAM Smart+" for using digital signing function, you may bring your HKID Card and mobile device to our self-registration kiosks, registration service counters or via mobile registration teams to complete the relevant procedures.
● Consent of your parent or guardian is required if you are aged from 11 to 17.
What's new in this update
- Bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Registration process in a joke
The registration process is cumbersome and literally a joke.
The facial registration failed on me 23 times. I changed my background, got the light adjusted and am using and iPhone XR.
Save yourself sometime and avoid getting this app. For all you know some former govt representative’s business is the beneficiary behind the app.
scanning hkid doesn’t work
The App can’t scan my hkid, even after a dozen different attempts in various lighting conditions.
Update: got it to work on the 20th try. Trick is to not hold it in the angles it asks for. Instead, when it wants a straight angle on the first pic, angle it so the glare doesn’t show, then on 2nd and 3rd to tilt it, don’t tilt it as much as it says.
doesn’t work at all.
won’t scan. won’t tell you what the issue is. just keeps saying “closer. ** edit. you don’t need the app to apply. there’s a manual method on the HK website. search your’ll find it. no need to scan.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Office of the Government CIO of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 99 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Office of the Government Chief Information Officer, Hong Kong SAR Government
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.