Textify made #1 PRODUCT OF THE DAY on Product Hunt! Super accurate OCR. NO DATA COLLECTION, everything happens on device! Siri SHORTCUTS compatible.
Text recognition (OCR) with professional quality finally made easy, super efficient, and confidential (no server, your data stays on your device).
Textify analyzes images (or PDFs), recognizes text, and creates PDF files with the text integrated such that the files are searchable. Or you can simply copy the text or export to a .txt file. Very useful and powerful. Integrates with Siri Shortcuts.
• Select any images or PDF as input. Or scan with your iPhone/iPad and have the scan automatically imported into Textify. Or paste any image/screenshot from the clipboard (even images/photos copied on your iPhone/iPad).
• Recognize text in many languages. Super accurate, it's mind-blowing.
• Output as .PDF (searchable) or .TXT
• The created PDF has the text integrated and can thus be searched, copy/pasted, selected...
• Define OCR zones for columns recognition
• Edit results before exporting to adapt as desired
• Choose the output file quality, apply filters on the image
• Instant output file size preview
• Works offline, no server, 100% on device
• SIRI SHORTCUTS integration: Textify adds useful Siri Shortcuts actions. Example: Convert a PDF to a searchable PDF directly from the Finder (Quick Action).
• Batch convert to searchable PDF directly from the Finder!
Your privacy matters! No server, no internet connection is required. Your data is safe.
I hope you enjoy the app.
This brand new v4 adds the SIRI SHORTCUTS integration, which allows you (for example) to convert PDF files or images to searchable PDF files directly from the Finder. Create your own shortcuts with the actions provided by Textify. v4.2 allows pasting images from anywhere (clipboard, iOS clipboard, screenshots, ...).
Ratings and Reviews
Works well for scanned images like patents
I use this for making document images searchable and it works well for this. It appears to do an optical character recognition on the image and then embed that text beneath the scanned document so that you can still recognize the text and formatting of the original document and also select and search the text in the document. However, you cannot easily convert the resulting PDF to a an equivalently formatted Word document (at least I could not). The app generates a watermarked PDF file for free. If you want the watermark removed you have to pay a fee. For most or all of my work, the watermark does not bother me.
Pro version: works better with large PDF than free version. . . .
But. On my M1 MacBook Air - 8GB/256GB - when running the free version on a 44MB PDF, poor memory management slowed it to a crawl, even after force quitting other apps. Upgraded to Pro version, restarted the operation, and it completed in a few minutes. Recognition usably good on a scanned document, but less than 100%, which is the state of OCR art. My use is on the extreme side, as I often convert books to PDFs. I have no reservations about using Textify on most PDFs.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for the review! The new version (2.3) addresses this issue. Everything should work smoother now 🥳. With no loss in OCR quality 👌🏻. Thanks again, Jonathan
I used the free version on a script that was formatted in columns. The 'OCR zones' feature is a nice addition. However, it is tedious to have to select the columns on individual pages. It would be nice to define the zones once for the entire document - something to consider for a paid version.
Also, I tried several documents. Some work great, while others have issues with the text, such as only converting what it automatically highlights or randomly leaving out letters from words. Not sure why these happen - maybe the fonts are too small or complex. Not a huge deal, since a processor can spot these errors to be corrected.
Developer Response ,
UPDATE May 24th: Hi, Textify v3 now allows defining OCR zones for complex layouts (like columns). Please note that you can define zones differently for each page of the PDF. Could you contact me from within the app (Preferences) so I can full understand your needs? In the meantime, would you consider updating your rating, as this one is a huge punishment for me? Thank you
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iSolid SPRL
- 4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2022 - iSolid apps
- In-App Purchases
- Textify PRO licence for life $29.99
- Textify PRO $19.99