Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files. Musicians, DJs, podcasters, and audio-enthusiasts use it for many different aspects of handling audio files.
It supports batch tag-editing for multiple files at once, covering many audio formats from MP3, over MP4, and M4V (yes, that's video!) to FLAC, OGG, OPUS, AIF, DSF, MPC, and WAV.
Furthermore, it supports online database lookups from Discogs and MusicBrainz, allowing to gather proper tags and download cover art for music libraries.
It offers renaming files based on the tag information, replacing characters or words in tags and filenames, importing tag information, and adjusting the size and image format of embedded cover art.
Since some of the tasks in managing a digital library are repetitive, Mp3tag allows for combining tasks into action groups, which serve as workflows for keeping consistency and order. Examples are formatting tag fields, performing case conversion, removing unwanted fields, or adjusting embedded cover art to match required sizes.
## Key Features
- Bulk-Editing of Tags for multiple files at once.
- Editing of cover-art.
- Renaming files based on tags.
- Importing metadata from filenames.
- Assign track and disc numbers via the auto-numbering wizard.
- Importing metadata from online Tag Sources.
- Support for Flexible Tagging, allowing for user-defined tag fields in a standardized way.
- Applying action groups with many tasks combined into reusable workflows.
- Support for many file types under a universal user interface.
## Supported File Formats
- MP3 (ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4 with UTF-8)
- MP4/M4A/M4B/M4V (iTunes and Nero)
- FLAC (Vorbis Comments)
- OGG (Vorbis Comments)
- OPUS (Vorbis Comments)
- AIF (RIFF INFO and RIFF ID3)
- DSF (ID3v2)
- MPC (APEv2)
- WAV (RIFF INFO and RIFF ID3)
• Added randomize sorting option when clicking on first column header in file list.
• Apply is now the default action on the Action Groups window so actions can be applied by pressing Return key.
• Renaming _DIRECTORY via action Format Tag Field failed if target directory already existed.
Ratings and Reviews
Best software to manage all my audio files, including audibooks
Have been using this for years. Finally, the macOS version.
I love it as it does everything so well and so intelligent. Because of this application, all my songs are well organzied, named, labeled etc.
I can't find anywhere else that has build-in all the features. The one I used the most is naming a large group of files or tag based on certain logic. It is done beautifully and intelligently.
If you like me using Music app (or any other app) to auto organized all the songs, audibooks, etc, this is absolutely the best app out there.
The only tag editor you'll need.
I'd been using MP3Tag for a very, very long time on PC, and was so heartbroken when I made the jump to Mac, and couldn't find a suitable replacement. Years later, the developer has finally, with great care, released a Mac version. I've been using the beta prior to purchasing, and can say with certainty that the app is rock solid, has every function that you could want or need, and is both intuitive and clean. If you're looking for a tag editor, just save your time and buy this now.
Super, Simple Mac MP3 Editor
I was a beta tester for the native Mac version of this app after using the Wine-shelled Windows version for several years. Florian really hit it out of the park here. Mp3tag is great at what it does - editing tags and album art - without any bloat or in-app upsells. iTunes and Music create a lot of tag errors (wrong artist, weird album names) and you can straighten these out easily with mp3tag. Lacking album art or track listings? Interface with Discogs or MusicBrainz from within the app to get squared away. Really a great resource and well worth the price.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Florian Heidenreich
- 8.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Florian Heidenreich
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.