Pick colors from anywhere using the built-in color picker.
- Quickly copy, paste, and convert colors in Hex, HSL, RGB, LCH format
- Show as a normal app or in the menu bar
- Pick a color or toggle the window from anywhere with a global keyboard shortcut
- Make the window stay on top of all other windows
- Launch it at login (when in the menu bar)
- Recently picked colors
- Shortcuts support
- Hide menu bar icon
Press the Space key while using the color sampler to show the RGB values. The color sampler is a system component and it can unfortunately not show other kinds of color values.
■ Keyboard shortcuts
You can use the following keyboard shortcuts in the app:
- Pick color: Command+p
- Copy as Hex: Shift+Command+h
- Copy as HSL: Shift+Command+s
- Copy as RGB: Shift+Command+r
- Copy as LCH: Shift+Command+l
- Paste color: Shift+Command+v (In the format Hex, HSL, RGB, or LCH)
Use the feedback button in the “Help” menu in the app or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is open-source on GitHub (see the website).
- Added the ability to clear recently picked colors (when viewing them in the color picker window).
- Added the ability to press the Option key to temporarily invert whether to use # when copying Hex colors.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I needed
I've tried different color sampling solutions for my dev work, and I'm not sure how I didn't find this app sooner because it has exactly everything I would want/need in a color sampling app. It can me customized to be very un-invasive, perfect for my quick pick-and-paste workflow. I can tell the developer had other developers' workflows in mind. Thank you!!!
There when you need it
I need to grab colors from various apps throughout the day to get their color values for CSS, and this app makes it easy to have the color picker available from a global shortcut that then copies the color value to my clipboard. This app is cleanly designed, provides the color value in four different formats, and the developer is extremely responsive. Six stars!
Couldn't ask for better
Simply put, this is the best color picker app I've ever used.
I've had to experiment with several different ones over the years, but once I found this, I stopped looking.
I use this for my graphic design work, videography work, and photography. The design seamlessly integrates with any program.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sindre Sorhus
- 3.1 MB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sindre Sorhus