designed&programmed by S. Bokesoy, Fundamental2 brings the origins of electronic music augmented with generative processes.
Fundamental is a sound synthesis software tool combining the different roots of electronic music history. Its wave engine is a faithful sonic recreation (in collaboration with Hainbach) of a vintage Rohde&Schwartz vacuum tube oscillator ( having been widely used at WDR by Stockhausen ) Thanks to sonicLAB audio engine design, Fundamental leaves behind the limitations of the original device by proposing complex modulation possibilities, stochastic distributions addressing the sonic parameters like frequency , gain, stereo panning etc. in continuum, which has not been applicable until now. The Fundamental software presents you 8 instances of this vintage sine wave generator with all the artifacts and richness of a vintage equipment. That combination is we believe something you should experience.
Direct Link for manual : https://www.sonic-lab.com/Fundamental/Fundamental2iOS_manual.pdf
Fundamental2 brings following new features to the Fundamental1, basically now you can create organic, endless moving textures. (for iOS standalone and AUv3 )
- A morphing engine which lets you gradually morph between four instances of Fundamental scenes. Also a stochastic manipulation on the 2D morphing panel is possible.
- True real time gradual transition between tuning scales.
- One can send midi note-on messages to each Fundamental oscillator on discrete midi channels.
- A morse code simulator is available on each GEN (sonicLAB LFO design ) which can create custom morse signals to modulate the relevant GEN outputs.
Whether you play live electronics, compose for media or just insterested in early electronic music, Fundamental2 is a strong tool.
Some of the main features of Fundamental1: ( iOS standalone and AUv3 )
- unique polymorphing wavetable synthesis without any compromise in data content and precision.
- 4 dynamic wavetables being rendered for each voice to represent infinitesimal steps of frequency and gain combinations between 1HZ – 3800Hz of the original vacuum tube oscillator.
- 8 simultaneous voices each with custom freq, gain, boost, panning and modulation settings.
- Custom or harmonic frequency distribution of voices with variable spread ratio and tuning table.
- 4 independent stochastic modulations for each voice (32 in total) addressing all parameters with various continuous, discrete distributions and also standard waveforms.
- Full MPE support with various configuration possibilites.
- Independent Attack / Release envelopes for each voice with various modes, AR times can be set to degrees of randomness.
- Vintage oscillator or pure sine wave mode.
Recommended iPAD model : A12 processor or higher. Due to screen size challenges, iPAD Mini models are not recommended.
fixes a singular case with preset selection.
Ratings and Reviews
epic drone synth
this is a meticulously crafted app.
go look at Hainbach's wall of antique gear and ask yourself how much you'd have to pay for that sound.
Just buy it. Such collaborations need community support
Don’t buy at least until preset selection is fixed.
See title. I do like the app, but this is the second time they’ve released Fundamental with a crippling bug (AU view gimped in the original). Refund requested. I was a sucker to pay for a minor new feature anyway.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SonicPlanet Audio Video Teknolojileri Anonim Sti.
- 60 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 sonicLAB / Sinan Bokesoy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.