Ever find yourself wandering around Australia somewhere and seeing those grey clouds on the horizon and wonder if you're going to make it to cover in time? Or if you need to go buy another umbrella on your way home? RainRadarAU (formerly BOMRadar) can help. Displaying a sequence of real time radar images sourced from the Bureau of Meteorology, RainRadarAU shows the direction and intensity of the rain on your selected radar. With this information you can judge how long it will take for rain to reach you, and maybe when a gap will appear for you to escape.
*NOTE*: This application shows Australian rain radar information only.
* Selectable radar distances 64km/128km/256km/512km to see a small/big picture of the rain
* Wind Doppler radar on selected radars showing wind speed/direction
* Current weather observations to for current temperature, wind speed/direction, and rain fall since 9am in various locations.
* National radar and satellite map
* Zoom the radar map using pinch and pan to get a closer look
* Double tap to zoom in/Two-Finger double tap to zoom out
* Turn on/off extra layers for each radar including: Observations, Topography, Roads, Railway
* Your current GPS location indicated on map
* Locate radars closest to you using your current GPS location
* Image cache for storing frequently used image backgrounds
* Add favourite radars to quickly jump between radar locations or to load on start
* "On Launch" option to load straight into Closest Radar, Top Favourite or National Radar
* Automatic updating of radars
* Retina quality icons/legends
* Fast downloading and updating of images
* Fixed an issue with National radar icon shrinking
* Fixed an issue with the navigation bars turning black when in light theme
* Fixed an issue where if you go to national radar, and then go back. The previous radar doesn't work anymore.
Ratings and Reviews
Not too happy...☹️
The app’s name was not clear that it is for Australia only so I have purchased the app and sure enough I have discovered after the purchase, my bad for not opening the app information. When are you going to have the app available for USA?
Nice to seeb a free app with moving radar.
First Review!!! This app is going to be huge!!
This is a Fantastic Weather Radar app. Thank you soo much for building it, to use BOM data. Well worth installing. I look at radars all the time at BOM Website. Now I can see it wherever I am.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Coggins
- 6.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Simon Coggins
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.