SBB Mobile: your personal travel companion for public transport.
Want to know ahead of time if your train will arrive on time? Want to have quicker access to your ticket during ticket inspection? Want to be able to find your way better at the station and have reliable map information? We have good news for you! SBB Mobile can do it all. And much more.
The heart of the app is the new navigation bar with the following menu points and content.
• Plan your journey with a simple timetable search via the touch timetable or use your current position as the origin or destination, locating it on the map.
• Buy your ticket for the whole of Switzerland in just two clicks. Your travelcards on the SwissPass are applied.
• Travel particularly affordably with supersaver tickets or Saver Day Passes.
• Save your trip and we will provide you with all the information you need during your journey under ‘Single Trips’: everything from departure and arrival times, platform information and service disruptions to train formations and walking routes.
• Set up your personal commuter route under ‘Commuting’ and receive push notifications about rail service disruptions.
• The app accompanies you from door to door as you travel and you will receive information about delays, disruption and interchange times via push notification.
• Check in, hop on and head off – across the entire GA Travelcard network.
• EasyRide calculates the right ticket for your journey on the basis of the routes you travelled and charges you the relevant amount subsequently.
Tickets & Travelcards
• Show your public transport travelcards digitally with SwissPass Mobile.
• It also gives you an overview of your valid and expired tickets and travelcards on the SwissPass.
Shop & Services
• Buy regional transport tickets and Day Passes for the GA Travelcard area of validity quickly and easily without searching the timetable.
• In the ‘Services’ section, you can find lots of useful links about travel.
• Straightforward access to your personal settings and our customer support.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch:
Data security and authorisations.
What permissions does SBB Mobile need and why?
For connections from your current location, the GPS function must be activated so that SBB Mobile can find the nearest stop. This also applies if you want to have the nearest stop displayed in the timetable.
Calendar and e-mail
You can save connections in your own calendar and send them by e-mail (to friends, an external calendar). SBB Mobile requires read and write permissions to be able to import your desired connection into the calendar.
Access to the camera
SBB Mobile requires access to your camera to take pictures directly in the app for your personalised touch timetable.
SBB Mobile requires internet access to search the timetable as well as for ticket purchases.
To support offline functions, e.g. station/stop list, connections (history) and purchased tickets, SBB Mobile requires access to your device’s memory (saving app-specific settings).
· General bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Difficult to show ticket to ignorant ticket workers in low reception
Convenient for purchasing tickets and good UI/UX but bad for when your ticket gets checked in the middle of a tunnel ride with no reception. Apparently the ticket-checking workers have not been informed about the obvious lack of reception in a dark tunnel affecting the ability to load my ticket on this app! Patience from the ticket workers would be nice. (I got a rude lecture and loud sigh from the ticket worker who was annoyed and didn't understand why she needed to wait a few seconds for my ticket to load in the tunnel between Visp and Bern.) Also, while for security purposes having to sign-in every time I use the app is understandable, it's frustrating in situations above. They should have a feature that keeps you signed in unless a person deliberately logs out.
The best transportation app I have used
This official Swiss public transportation application has everything one wants and more, but in a very simple and easy to figure out user interface. First of all, you may create an account and enter your credit card info so that you don’t have to worry about buying tickets.
You can search for departure and arrival destinations by date and time and get a ton of options for train connections with timetables and platform numbers so that you will not have to worry about anything. You can also drag and drop your favorite destinations and buy tickets in advance or while you are onboard the train.
The greatest feature though is called Easy ride. You don’t have to buy a ticket. You just swipe to hop on and swipe when you hop off. Once you have reached your final destination, regardless of the number of trains or buses you have changed, the app calculates the lowest fair and charges your credit card directly. You can view past trips, repeat routes, set a home location and get the best options to get there, etc.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thank you very much for your detailed and positive feedback. It is nice that you share your experiences here. We are naturally delighted that you like SBB Mobile and EasyRide so much and that you enjoy using them. We wish you a pleasant journey. Ride on! Kind regards.
I have had this app for a while, but it proved it's value this past weekend. I was stuck out of the country during the European flight stoppage due to the volcanic ash and was able to use this app to help me get back home. Not only was I able to see what my train options were, but it also provided me with real time updates on the status of the train.
This came in very handy during the last leg of the journey when the conductor kept making announcements in French that I did not understand. I checked the app and by checking the details of my train schedule I found out what was going on - the train was so delayed that it was going to be end its route as soon as we arrived in Basel, Switzerland instead of completing the journey to Zurich. The app even had the information of the train that I was supposed to take to finish the journey.
This app is a must for anyone living in or planning to visit Switzerland.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 328.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 SBB Personenverkehr
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.