Pip now works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, running iOS 8+!
Pip 3 gives you blazingly fast, true random dice rolls, for role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons®, Fate™, or Dungeon Crawl Classics, and tabletop games like the Yahtzee® dice game.
It features an intuitive interface that gets out of the way, and lets you roll, touch, and organize your dice with ease, super fast startup times, unobtrusive sound effects, and the best battery efficiency of any 3D dice.
INTERACTING WITH DICE
- Shake the device, double-tap, or force touch any empty space in the page to roll. If you have a second generation or better Apple Pencil you can also double-tap the pencil itself to roll.
- Tap a die to lock it, tap it again to unlock it. Locked dice will not roll. Tap any empty space to unlock them all.
- Move dice around with your finger or fling them against each other.
- On iPhone and iPod touch, tilt your device right or left to slide dice on the page.
ADDING AND DELETING DICE
- Slide the tab on the right side of the screen to access a tray with different types of dice. Drag them out of the tray to add them to the page. You can have any combination of up to 20 dice on a page.
- To delete dice from the page drag them back into the open tray.
- To access Fate/Fudge Dice™ and Weird Dice (d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24, and d30), slide the tab farther to the left. If you slide the tray all the way out, the default dice set will switch back and forth.
- Close the tray by sliding the tab back towards the right.
- While the tray is open, choose from a selection of eight vibrant colors on the left side of the screen.
- To change the color presets, long press on one of them to open the color picker. Close the color picker by tapping on the left hand of the screen again or any empty space in the page.
GROUPING DICE INTO PAGES
- Create up to 20 pages to save different dice combinations on each one of them. To create a new page, slide left from an empty space on the last page.
- Move between pages by sliding right or left from any empty space.
- Delete a page by deleting all the dice on it, and then moving to a different page.
- Move dice between pages by holding them with one finger while moving between pages with another.
- Orientation changes, trackpad gestures, Apple Pencil… Pip works on iPad like a charm.
- Multitasking support in both Split View, and Slide Over. You can see your character sheet and your dice at the same time.
- Pip doesn't feature dice formulas, logs, or automatic dice roll result calculations.
- Pip is not a game on its own! It is a physics-based dice simulation for games you already own.
* DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS® and D&D® are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC.
** YAHTZEE® is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc. in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Hasbro.
*** FATE™ and FATE DICE™ are trademarks of Evil Hat Productions LLC, in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Evil Hat Productions, LLC.
**** DUNGEON CRAWL CLASSICS and DCC RPG are trademarks of Goodman Games, in the United States and other countries. PIP is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Goodman Games.
- 16 different dice types included: now with Weird dice (d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24, d30) to play Dungeon Crawl Classics, and a d6 with numbers instead of pips.
- Multitouch! Drag multiple dice at the same time in and out of the tray, or pull dice out of the tray at the same time that you change colors with the color picker.
- Move dice between pages.
- Improved speed in older iPad models.
- Support for moving between pages with trackpad gestures.
Ratings and Reviews
If you roll dice, you need this app
Now, nothing's going to replace the feel of real dice in your hand, but this is damned close and a lot more convenient. As a GM, I can set a screen of dice for each monster before we start, then never mix up which ones I'm using.
As a player, having a set for your favorite weapon combinations and spells is just as nice. One screen for full attacks, one for when you're enlarged, and so on. And it means you can play on the comfy chair away from the table. Just sayin'
Our only complaint? My wife and I don't have an excuse to spend $20 on dice every year at GenCon anymore. Our decade-long dice addiction slain by a single app. It's honestly a little sad, but we're dealing with it.
Simple and Functional
So I have had this for many of years he was great at the beginning because he gave me exactly what I needed and after wow so many updates later it wasn’t as functional I had never really had a complaint about anything but just something I felt that I had to complain about because I really like this app so I emailed them and I finally got an email today saying hey it works now so here I am re-writing a review if I did one from the beginning I will say if I were to nit pick I would say a lot more customization would be great but for sure a must get
Handsdown the BEST dice app!!!
Wow! If you are looking for a complete, authentic and easy to use dice app don't look any further. I would never have expected to get this excited about a dice app. I already had a free one that was pretty good but it didn't have a variety of dice. So I downloaded this one just to have the full spectrum of gamimg dice. And I am Wowed. No way to explain it so just buy it! Thank you for such a GREAT app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mystery Coconut, LLC
- 39.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2008 Mystery Coconut, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.