The #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with over 748,000 Entries ◇ Comprehensive Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Best that I have found. This dictionary is very complete. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.”
“I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.”
“More than just a dictionary. The photo capability is perfect for visual learners like me. I definitely recommend it!”
“Worth the money. Great app! Best French dictionary I could find in the appshop.”
“Excellent. Very complete and easy to use. Being an offline tool is a key benefit.”
French English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. French English Dictionary + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download French English Dictionary + now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 748,000 offline entries.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad enhancements including Split Screen with Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch support with voice lookup.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Here is what's new in this version.
Thanks to our beta testers for their help!!!
- Fixed bug causing Flashcards to hang if user changes word selection to Only Favorites, then switches language direction.
- Improvements to iPad startup flow.
- Enhancements for iOS 14.
- Improved App Icon.
If you have any issues with this version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like free updates, please rate our app 5-stars in the App Store!
Marc Bolh, Founder Vidalingua
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I teach at a French school and this app is great for looking up words really fast. You don't have to choose a language, just start typing and a list of matching French or English words appear. This list includes a few translations and you can tap on a word for complete information like gender and usage examples. Voila!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your excellent review!
Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
French dictionary: good, some suggestions for improving it
I have found your dictionary quite good, I seldom use my paper one any more.
I think the following change would improve it:
— When defining a noun, you could also provide a few references to some related words. E.g. flaneur means idler or stroller; maybe add “see flanerie”; and I think there’s a related verb “flaner”? Just so one could investigate a little more. —
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your feedback! You can email email@example.com "Attention Liam" if you have any more concerns. Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
Easy to navigate, a depth of information
I’m not a fan of the automatic review content they just tried to supply, but this app is otherwise excellent!
I appreciate being able to translate words within translations, and conjugate verbs, and (when it works) I really appreciate the pronunciation tracks!
Developer Response ,
- Ascendo Inc.
- 83.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ascendo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.