The #1 French English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“This app is a godsend! I love that it has a fairly large standard dictionary, verbs, phrases, AND pronunciations!”
“My students are ditching their books for iPads so I looked at apps and web sites with quality material. This is the app I recommend.”
“Great for Travel. Very helpful to find words and phrases without an internet connection.”
“Great App! I've tried several apps… this is the best one I found so far. After trying the free version, I purchased the Extended Dictionary and Phrasebook.”
“Very helpful. This has been an extremely useful app as I prepare for a language exam and review verb conjugations.”
French Translator Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Translator Dictionary + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download Translator Dictionary + now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 504,000 offline entries for free, over 748,000 with Premium.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,438 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad Split Screen with Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch version with voice lookup.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome at email@example.com.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
- Fixed issue that caused crash when some users subscribed to Vidalingua Plus.
- Fixed Dictionary issue which made Conjugate link appear disabled, requiring users to tap very lightly to work.
- Fixed issue which prohibited users from restoring purchase on multiple devices.
- Added Restore Purchase progress indicator to verify link has been tapped.
- Fixed issue which caused search bar to disappear occasionally on older handsets.
- Fixed Phrasebook, My Phrases, add phrase bug causing new phrase to appear only after navigating away and back to screen.
- Fixed issue causing Translator words to appear twice in the lookup list.
If you have any issues with this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I couldn’t have become fluent as fast as I did without this application.
This application not only has an extensive selection of vocabulary words and phrases (both colloquial and formal), but also has a translation feature and keeps a record of all the translations that are done (very helpful for rapid reference just incase you forget the translations). Along with the definition of a word it also gives you different sentence environments where you can see the different ways the word can be applied. It took me a year to become fluent. Learning a language is hard work, but on top of the many things one can do to learn a language, I really don’t think I could have done it as quick as I did without this application. It’s beautifully made.
I’m currently learning Russian, and it saddens me that I don’t have a resource like this one for that language. It made me appreciate how convenient this was through my journey learning French.
Developer Response ,
Hi Wegondobetterthanthis, Thanks for taking the time to write this review! -Liam
Le Top for French 🎩
I grew up in France and I live in the United States now. I am fluent in both languages so I can’t be bothered with any sub-par apps.
French Translator Dictionary + is the best imho.
The dictionary is quite comprehensive. There are numerous translations and examples and the gender of French nous is clearly displayed. You can tap on a word to hear if pronounced, change the speed of the audio and the accent. I spent some time in Australia so I set the accent accordingly which is a nice plus.
I just discovered another feature recently... you can tap the microphones on each side of the search bar to do a voice lookup. This is a lot faster than typing and amazingly accurate. It’s a great way to practice pronunciation.
My kids are learning French so they use the verb conjugation extensively. I upgraded to premium mostly for access to less frequently used tenses. They also like the vocabulary quiz and flash cards for practice. Another pro tip I discovered is setting flash cards to favorites from the dictionary.
We use the phrase book less.
If you are serious about learning French, this app is Top.
Developer Response ,
Learning French 👌🏻
I am learning French to be able to speak with a new friend. I didn’t study French in school so I need simple tools to start.
This app includes a dictionary to help build vocabulary and I can star words to make a study list. It has flash cards which I can do whenever I have free time.
I discovered that There is a setting in flash cards to limit the study list to favorites ♥️ Sweet.
I set my iPhone to display large text by default and this app does a good job with it. The dictionary screens show the bigger letters. On the lookup list, some displays could be better.
Getting good mileage out of the app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Marangatanggg, We really appreciate feedback from users like you. If you would like to try new versions before they are released, please email email@example.com, "Attention Liam", referencing this review. Thanks! -Liam
- Ascendo Inc.
- 33.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ascendo
- In-App Purchases
- French Translator Plus $9.99
- Extended Dictionary $4.99
- Extended Phrase Book $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.