Wall Street Journal recommends it to all professionals. Grab it, manage your contacts.
◆ Awards and Laurels ◆
- Named Best Mobile App OCR by 2010 MOBI Awards
- Winner of the CTIA 2010 E-Tech Award for Mobile Applications - Pro-sumer/Business Productivity
- Secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Business category in 194 countries
- Ranked #1 Business app in US App Store
- Ranked #1 Business Card Scanning application in Macworld.com
- Over 20 million users worldwide
◆ Testimonials ◆
- “For scanning business cards onto your iPhone, WorldCard Mobile stands out.” – Macworld
- “I’ve always been skeptical about contact capturing technologies…but I’m an overnight convert - [WorldCard Mobile] changed my outlook (pun intended).” - Bill French, iPhone CTO
- “WorldCard Mobile accurately read and sorted fax and mobile numbers, even when the cards labels used short-hand.” - Bob Tedeschi, New York Times
◆ App Description ◆
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to users' native contacts. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.
◆ Why WorldCard Mobile? ◆
● Capture business cards anytime & anywhere.
- Capture business card images with the iPhone’s camera.
- Support interface in different languages - English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Recognize business cards in 25 different languages: English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Danish, Greek, Czech, Slovak, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish(Mexico & Spain), Portuguese(Portugal & Brazil), Arabic language.
- Sort recognized information by name, position, company, phone number, fax number, address or other fields.
● Manage contacts easily
- View and manage contact info with Card holder function. Make a phone call, send SMS and email to your contacts directly.
- Select partially and recognize the specific area that contains the correct data.
- Find your contacts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Expand your social and professional networks.
- Sync with Google Contacts and manage your contacts seamlessly.
● Smart functions for your business
- Exchange contact data through Open In, Mail and iTunes File Sharing. Import/export or backup your data on Mac/Windows quickly and conveniently.
- Share or backup your contacts via cloud services (iCloud / Dropbox). Manage your contacts on all devices, such as Mac or Windows PC.
- Recognize QR code to get more information easily.
- Copy email signatures and add them to your contact lists.
- Support cover flow function in landscape mode
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Update: With the most recent update, every time I open a saved card image and close it, I'm told the image has been modified and am asked if I want to save or discard the changes. Even if I click save, the app will ask me the same next time and it's getting really annoying. Please fix this bug.
Highly recommend to anyone who does business in China / HK / Taiwan etc. A few reasons why:
- Automatic cropping
- Very accurate character recognition
- Seamless iCloud integration
- Allows both sides of the card to be captured under the same entry
- Has the option of not to save into iPhone contact list by default. This is important because I don't want to have EVERYONE I meet in the business context to cluster my phone book
I'm still exploring but really impressed so far.
Update: I'd like to make an important suggestion. Currently I have my cards ordered by Chinese Pinyin. As a result, all the companies with English names are lumped into the "#" category, which is very inconvenient. Can the developers PLEASE change it such that the English names will get slotted into the Chinese names according to their first letter? Should be a very easy fix but will be a huge improvement.
Great app, new version has a problem
Been using this for over a year now --- great app! But in a recent update, lost the ability to use the scanned photo to put into the contact photo area. When adding a photo to the contact info, there used to be 3 choices -- existing photo (like from photo roll), take a new photo, or use the photo you just took and scanned. Now the last option is missing, so you have to take a new photo. It worked great before, why strip this function out? If you don't have the original card anymore, there is no way to extract the scanned photo.
I found this works great for both English and Chinese business cards. It is convenient and gets it right most of the time just make sure you are taking a photo in a well lit room. Would be nice if it could file contacts in a specific group in the Address book so that I can take action on them later.
- Penpower Inc.
- 86.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- ©2009-20120 PenPower Technology Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.