The #1 Free German English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
"AWESOME!! I absolutely love this app. I am a second year german student and would be lost without it."
“Wow! Perfect for learning the language and super easy to use!”
“Great app! I use it almost everyday and it provides trustworthy translations.”
“Just what I wanted. Even works offline, which is a big bonus. My other apps don't.”
“Great English German Dictionary & Free. Has good 2-way dictionary for beginner and you can add your own comments to words.”
German Translator Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Translator Dictionary + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 entries (premium), over 402,000 for free.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing (requires internet).
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,648 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad enhancements including split screen with drag & drop.
- Apple Watch support including voice lookup.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium subscription users.
Eliminated encoding problems with special characters.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f, n) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine, neuter) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Find all 3 and send an email to email@example.com for a free year of Vidalingua Plus.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
So far so good
I only just started using the app and am finding it helpful enough already to sign up for the free trial (which obviously comes with the agreement that you will forget to cancel it, and so therefore are willing to pay the subscription fee). $5 a year seems reasonable to have this great dictionary in your pocket. I am traveling to Germany soon and planning out words I’ll need to know and use to communicate my food sensitivity issues. I love how it can pronounce the words for you, you can tap a heart to make a list of favorite words, and it sometimes provides example sentences of the word in use. For words that have multiple translations in German (like the words for ‘food’—why are there so many??), you can tap on any one of them to take you to the page for that word and get a little more information about each words’ nuances. It might be nice to have a little more disambiguation there, perhaps with some pictures. The app is nothing fancy, but it does just what I need it to do. It shows gender for nouns but not much else, so it’s fairly simple and very informative. Good for a beginner, which I am, and it’ll help me ramp up my vocabulary a lot, I imagine. I will update my review as needed, but so far the app seems great! Thanks to other reviewers for giving me the confidence to sign up (by saying how helpful it is and that it’s worth paying for), and to the app developers for making something user-friendly that fits the need.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kizzy J, Thank you for taking your time in writing this long and wonderful review. -Liam
While learning to speak Deutsch, I cannot understate the value of having a tool like this. Yes, I can always go to an online translator, but the flexibility of being able to quickly do a dictionary lookup of specific words while still capable of doing phase translation by switching tabs is amazing. True, it has difficulty translating a phrase from time to time, but what translator doesn’t? I rate this app at the highest level and use it multiple times every day in my language study.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much! -Liam
I have been using this translator for around a year now in German class and recreationally and after trying many other sources for my translating needs have decided this is the ultimate app! From the phrase book to the efficient dictionary providing not only words but examples of use, articles, and synonyms this app has it all. The translations are more accurate then Google Translate and I couldn’t have asked for a better app. Thank you so much!
Developer Response ,
We are pleased that you enjoyed the app. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know at email@example.com!
Have a wonderful day! -Liam
- Ascendo Inc.
- 41.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $9.99
- Extended Dictionary $4.99
- Extended Phrase Book $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.