Space Harvest 9+
Crazy retro real-time strategy, now updated for modern devices!
From the App Store reviews:
"Best RTS on iPod - After being disappointed with many rts games on the iPod, this game finally did things right."
"One of the most awesome RTS games"
"Fun RTS...Don't think about buying it - BUY IT! Its Excellent!"
"Fantastic RTS Game...They really packed a full RTS with a cool style into a little app"
"If you like RTS games and you're looking for visual candy, this game satisfies both."
"...packs a hell of a punch with its solid mechanics and beautiful design" - AppSpy 4/5
PocketGamer - 7 / 10
The year is 2314. When a tiny asteroid falls to earth in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, it brings with it a MYSTERIOUS ALIEN VIRUS. Over the next few months, farmers and scientists around the world begin to notice a curious phenomenon - mushrooms are turning black, and dying!
As world mushroom stocks run low, stock markets plummet, and governments appeal for calm as protests become riots.
Now, a cabal of the world's most powerful restaurateurs meet in secret. Their goal - to create a private space programme to seek out new supplies of mushrooms, wherever they may be found!
* Make your fortune at the edge of the galaxy!
* Explore uncharted asteroids with oddly geometric shapes!
* Investigate strange volcanic activity and harness the power of huge mutant mushrooms!
* Invest in the latest space-age technology, including Energy Saving Lightbulbs and the GIANT SPACE DEATH LASER!
* Compete against 5 bonkers opponents!
* Fun retro graphics!
* Awesome positional sound effects!
* 9 fun (but challenging) maps!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
The ORIGINAL and BEST ultra-realistic-space-fungi-gathering simulator is BACK!!
* Updated for iOS 11 and 64-bit!
* Added support for the latest iPhones and iPads!
* Space Harvest now runs at 60fps on most devices!
* Improvements for touch handling!
* Improved resolution and filtering on iPads!
* Miscellaneous bug fixes and interface improvements!
See you again in 7½ years for another update! ;)
Ratings and Reviews
I really want to give this 5 stars BUT...
This is a great old school RTS like Command and Conquer and it is great to find that on iOS, but the difficulty is waaay too hard. I think I'm on like the 4th or 5th mission and it is just impossible. There is no chance to build an economy and the enemy starts out with a super defended fort and you start out with almost nothing. I've tried numerous different strategies and none of them seem to make a difference. The previous missions were pretty tough but I was eventually able to find a winning strategy but that doesn't seem to be the case with this one. I've nearly thrown my iPhone 6 across the room a few times and that is not the kind of frustration that I need in my life.
This game is incredibly fun. I was happy to finally find an age of empire type game on the iPod. There are a few thing that could be improved though:
1)The units don't respond to your commands immediately. The delay gets a lot of them killed.
2) the difficulty is too hard. You don't get a chance to build up an economy.
3) the maps could have more room on them
4) online and random maps must must must be added.
5) should be possible to select 3 of 5 units. Can only single select or select all.
6) more levels and maps
7) should be a way to gather resources without mushrooms. If you gather all the mushrooms and the enemy destroys the big mushrooms, you're stuck. Mushroom farms? Shroom labs? Come up with something good.
8) energy is stupid. Get rid of it or make it more useful
9) add a store where you can buy upgrades for units ( using game currency) and boosts (make real cash).
10) should be more types of units available. Maybe rockets? Tanks should be able to kill a bumblebee, but bb should do more damage to the tank.
All in all, it a fun challenging game that could really use an update. Gets 5 stars because it's the first game of its kind on the iPod I've found. Most games are in 2-D war. trust me - I've played enough games to know.
A Suggestion, Advice, and A Review
The only issue I've really had with this game is unit selection. The current method is inefficient and makes reacting to a threat quickly difficult. It also means that I cannot have units of different types in the same group. Also, a suggestion: Along with a new way to select units, a tab system on the side of the edge of the screen would be incredibly useful. For those that don't know, a tab system is where you can save selections of units so that you don't have to be at their current location or be looking at them to select them.
Other than that, this is a top-notch game. Keep up the good work!
I've read that many people are finding this game quite difficult, so here is some advice: This is NOT a console game where you can blindly rush in "guns blazing". This, is an RTS meaning you have to think before you do something or you'll get swamped. I have advanced far in the storyline because I work slowly and carefully when the situation allows. Here is my general order of activity, perhaps it will prove useful to someone else.
Defend -> Build -> Retaliate -> Destroy
Thanks for reading this!
The developer, All-Seeing Interactive, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- All-Seeing Interactive Ltd
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2010 All-Seeing Interactive Ltd