Cryptical is a full-featured password generator aimed at system administrators and users that require safe, random passwords or passphrases.
• Truly randomly generated passwords
• Ability to include/exclude characters sets (lowercase characters, uppercase characters, numbers, symbols)
• Ability to exclude certain characters from the selected character sets
• Create random passphrases from a list of over 87.000 English words. For added security, randomly change upper/lowercase characters or substitute random letters with numbers.
• Bulk generator: generate a large number of passwords or passphrases at once
• Password strength meter displays the actual strength of a generated password
• Generated passwords can be copied to the pasteboard or shared with other apps
• Passwort List function that can contain an unlimited number of passwords, complete with comments and meta information
• Bulk operations: copy several passwords into the pasteboard at once, share them, print them
• Passwords can be printed out (requires a device that supports AirPrint!)
• Password length up to 999 characters
• Passwords can be completely random or pronounceable
• Passwords can be generated in a way that every character is only used once
• App Shortcuts
• Cryptical's contents can be protected with a passcode or Touch ID / Face ID
Note: Cryptical is not a password manager–use it in addition to your existing password management solution.
Thank you for using Cryptical! This update is a major new version with a ton of improvements:
• You can now exclude specific characters from randomly generated passwords
• If you have protected Cryptical with a passcode, you can set an unlock phase during which Cryptical does not require additional authentication when leaving the app and returning
• Support for Dark Mode with a new cool dark theme
• Support for iOS 14 and the new iOS devices
• General design refreshment: all icons have been replaced by newer, more clearer alternatives and the general look and feel is more modern
• The Batch Generator received a major overhaul. It now supports all password and passphrase options, indepent from the general settings of the app
• Improved accessibility: VoiceOver should work more reliable with Cryptical
• Entries in Password List now show the first line of comment for a better overview
• Fixed several bugs and made performance improvements
Cryptical now has a Tip Jar! If you ever wanted to make a small contribution to Cryptical's development, you can now tip me a small amount of money. Tips are completely optional; all features are also available for free. If you enjoy using Cryptical, consider supporting its further development - thank you!
Please note: Cryptical is a hobby project. I simply don't have the time or resources to support various legacy iOS version. For this reason Cryptical now requires iOS 13. Sorry to all the folks with older devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App, Very Simple to Use!
Thoroughly enjoy this app for password generation, as it’s been very simple & straightforward to use.
Only complaints I’d have are not being able to add passcodes, as I’ve had numerous times where I’ve copied but forgot to save a generated passcode. Also, though I’m happy to see updates, the Dark Theme is less then appealing, in my opinion. Would be nice to be able to Turn It Off while still in Dark Mode.
Great but for one bug even with new update.
When generating a passwords by batch, it won’t match the assigned number of characters you chose. For instance, if I wanted to assign a batch of just 1 password with 10 characters, after counting I would count only about 8 numbers/letters. I don’t know what detention the dev uses for “characters” but even after setting a batch password to 1 batch with 5 characters, I would get “ '!sa/((Z” minus the quotes. This is 7 characters from what I see. So I don’t know how exactly they define “characters”.
Now if you go to the main page of the app and generate a password there and choose let’s say 10 characters , the password that’s generated in real time will be 10 characters. So this might be a bug in the batch editor.
Developer Response ,
Hey, I tried to reproduce your problem, but it's working fine for me. In the batch generator interface, you need to set the "length" parameter to the numbers of characters you would like your passwords to have. I just tested this in various configurations, and it always produced the correct length. There is also a preview which shows exactly what kind of password you're going to get in the end. Remember that the settings on the main screen have no influence on the settings of the generator - they are intentionally kept separate. If you still have issues with this, please send me an Email and we will look at the problem together: email@example.com. Thanks.
This app is easy to use. It functions well without issues. It has a nice feature allowing users to create multiple customized passwords at once.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rene Fouquet
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010–2021 René Fouquet
- In-App Purchases
- Medium Tip $1.99
- Enormous Tip $8.99
- Large Tip $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.