Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks. It has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro on your iPad and iPhone.
* Pepperplate seamlessly manages recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple timers for each recipe.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to the shopping list on the web and it automatically syncs to your iPhone or iPad to take to the store.
* Shopping list is automatically organized to match the order you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes automatically from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up automatically without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
Terms of Service: https://pepperplate.com/terms.aspx
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth price
I’ve used Pepperplate for years and thought it was pretty good. Had issues with importing recipes from Websites several times and changes not being saved but overall was pleased. Mostly use recipes for baking so wasn’t aware of the change to subscription until the holidays. I don’t bake enough to justify over $30 a year. Switched to a different app that was a one time fee vs reoccurring.
Paying for Nothing
I’ve used this App for YEARS. Years!! There has never been an update or enhancement. But it was free and worked ok, so whatever. Definitely could have used enhancements but again, free. Now all of a sudden it’s $2.99 a MONTH and not one single improvement or enhancement. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and have been paying, expecting surely an update would come, but no, I’m literally using the same app that used to be free but now it’s $36 a year.
To add insult to injury it has lately been glitching! The menu and “+” buttons on the main screen won’t work if I come back to that screen after being in the shopping list or planner. I have to hard stop the app and come back in to navigate.
What a piece of crap. I have YEARS of data in this app. I have used it quite literally every single day. I started paying when they switched to a paid version. I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt but this app has passed its prime and without support/enhancements I’ve got to abandon it.
Best out there
There are a lot of recipe box apps. But not a lot of them have meal planners. This is inexpensive, and does it all. The import feature is amazing, and if you can’t import, you can copy and paste. I’ve been using it for a year and I really have no complaints. It syncs across all my devices, and I have put in 144 recipes. I do wish you could add nutritional info manually but if you can I haven’t figured out how. I guess you could add in notes, but would be nice to have a dedicated box. You can arrange the shopping list according to how you go through the aisles. I use the menu planner than save to shopping list, then add non grocery items. There’s very little you can’t do here.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pepperplate Inc.
- 75.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Pepperplate Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Auto Renew Monthly Membership $2.99