The Montreal Gazette is your trusted source for local news, politics, sports and entertainment. Stay up-to-date throughout the day with breaking news in Montreal, Quebec and around the world. Plus get the latest on the Montreal Canadiens, Alouttes and Montreal Impact with the best sports coverage in Canada including scores, standings, highlights and commentary.
iPhone users enjoy the latest stories and multimedia features without a subscription.
iPad users can access 10 free articles every 30 days, to sample the wide variety of breaking news and special features – plus extensive photo and video coverage. Home delivery print subscribers receive unlimited access on the iPad, included as part of their print subscription and can gain access by simply signing in with their existing account when prompted. If you’re not an existing print subscriber, you can easily subscribe through iTunes.
Subscription Details for iPad Users
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We appreciate and value your feedback. Please send any comments, suggestions or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Giant leap into the past
I thought the Gazette was really onto something special with their beautiful tablet edition. It made the most of my iPad capabilities with multimedia displays, stunning graphics and pictures, and a full nightly read of the news. Now they're going back to the original plain, ugly design. Every story looks the same. It's about as creative as a typewriter. Sorry to see it go. But there are a few improvements: the news is updated more often, and there are actual "briefs" of real current events going on in Montreal, as opposed to all the "context" stories that are crowding out any local news in the daily paper.
The writers of the app force you into their behavioral pattern. You can't share an article via your choice of app. Forces you to use social media. Try to give feedback and it forces you to use iPhone mail app even if you don't have it setup. This app does not let you interact on open terms...very old school.
One of the best-designed news apps. I've been having problems with the Facebook interface lately, however.
- Postmedia Network Inc.
- 147.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 - 2015 Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.