Password Manager Data Vault 4+
Safe, Secure, Wallet
The Leading Password Manager for Mac ◆ AES Encryption ◆ Touch ID ◆ Website Logins ◆ iCloud Sync ◆ Automatic Backups ◆ Password Generator ◆ Flexible Templates ◆ Advanced Security Options
“Apps That will Change Your Life” - Wall Street Journal
“10 Must Have Apps (DataVault #1)” - CNET
"DataVault is a user-friendly and feature-rich password manager that will keep your information safe and accessible without hitting your wallet too hard." Secure Mac
“My most important app. I have used Data Vault for years. It is my favorite app. I have never had any problems. It’s always accurate, well designed, user friendly and safe.”
“Huge Fan of DataVault!! Everything I wanted in a Password manager! It looks great on my iPad, it works great on my Mac! The customer service is amazing!”
“The Best Password App For Your MAC. There are Password apps and then there is DataVault which is the only app to be using on your MAC. To me this blows the rest away.”
DataVault Password Manager for Mac protects confidential information such as passwords, usernames and financial information using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the most powerful technology to keep your data safe.
SECURE YOUR DATA
- DataVault encrypts your information using AES, the global standard for data protection. Your master password isn’t stored anywhere on the device. Not even Ascendo has the key. Only you can unlock your data.
- Provides 256-bit encryption with PBKDF2 and salting to insure the highest level of security of any password manager.
- Touch ID support for fingerprint login.
- Set a Security Timeout to require login after an inactivity delay.
- Set Maximum Login Attempts to wipe your data after successive failed login attempts.
- Set a Master password hint in case you forget your master password.
- Use Field Masking to shield data from prying eyes.
- Automatically enter usernames and passwords using Safari Extension. See user guide for installation instructions.
- Backup your data automatically to insure you never lose your important information.
- Create strong passwords using build-in Password Generator with settings for length and types of characters. Strength Meter tells you if you passwords are weak, good or strong.
- Synchronize with DataVault for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and other devices (sold separately).
- Use iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi to synchronize your devices.
SIMPLE TO USE
- View items in list view or folder view.
- Use Templates to enter common items such as bank accounts, credit cards and logins.
- Select from 50 default templates or create your own.
- Use categories and types to organize Items.
- Duplicate items for faster entry.
- Search Settings including case sensitivity.
And a whole lot more...
- 200 icons to personalize your Items.
- Import from Dashlane, Keeper, 1Password, Lastpass, mSecure, EWallet, SplashID, Keepass & other applications.
- Import from text files in CSV format.
- Print items.
- Great email support.
Incorporated in San Diego, California, Ascendo has been a leading software developer since 2004.
Questions? We would love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Secure. Powerful. Simple. Try DataVault Password Manager today!
- Fixed issue causing DataVault to continue running if user closed login window with red exit button.
- Improved Password Generator to create 64 character passwords.
- Fixed issue with Maximum Failed Login attempts.
- Fixed issue causing login window to appear behind other open windows.
If you have any issues with DataVault for Mac, please email email@example.com
If you like free updates, please rate DataVault favorably in the Mac App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used other top rated password managers but this one beats them all. It automatically synchronizes between all my “i” devices and it keeps my business and personal information in separate folders. I like that I can unmask the password while I’m creating a new entry so that I know I’m typing what I think I am. It also has a password hint feature which is great. That way I don’t have to keep my master password someplace on the device. I’ve only been using it for a few days but I have it on all my personal iPhone, my business iPhone, my iPad 2, my iPad mini2 and my MacBook. I’ve used Keeper, Passwords and tried Passible and iPassword . My favorite of those was Passwords but if you forget the password you’ve lost everything. There’s not way to recover or reset. That why DataVault is so great, it has a hint to remind you of your master password. If anyone ever asks me for a recommendation for a password manager this will be the one I recommend.
Excellent App But...
I’ve been using this app on my iMac and iPhone for about 6 months now. I bought it after evaluating other password managers and have been very pleased with the way it works and keeps my info synchronized between devices.
It would get 5 stars if not for a few things. The graphics and layout seem dated and their generic icons are not user customizable. This doesn’t hinder the app's functionality but it would be nice to see a refresh on this. A bigger ding would be for their customer service. My emails were initially responded to promptly but the responses were not always a direct answer to my questions. When I pressed for a more appropriate answer, the responses came slower and eventually ceased. They actually stopped responding! Very annoying and frustrating. Their online support pages are good but not complete. Fortunately, I was able to resolve the issues on my own through trial and error. This lack of support might become an issue in the future but right now I’m pleased with the app and would recommend it as an excellent, easy to use password manager for anyone that doesn’t need a lot of hand holding.
Use This App Mulitple Times a Day - it is indispensible to me
I have been using this app now for over a year. It syncs flawlessly between all of my apple products. I can access my passwords on the go which is extremely helpful as my job demands that I log in to a multitude of software programs, websites, and apps daily. I always have my most important data at the touch of a button. This has also come in very handy with our medical insurance information. As long as I have my phone with me, I can access anything. When choosing a password manager, it was also very important to me that I could access and input this information on my laptop. DataVault provides this multi-platform capability and the syncing between your devices is instantaneous. I can’t say enough about the performance of this app. Thank you DataVault!
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear you find DataVault indispensable. Synchronization between Mac, iOS and other platforms is one of the most appreciated features.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate it!
Marc Bolh, CEO Ascendo
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ascendo Inc.
- 11.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © Ascendo Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.