OsiriX HD is a full DICOM image viewer for iOS (DICOM Files & DICOM Network protocol support).
- Aunt Minnie's 2013 - "Best Radiology Mobile App”
- Mobie Awards 2009: Winner - Best Medical App
- RSNA 2008: Excellence in Design
- RSNA 2008: Certificate of Merit
"OsiriX HD" is a DICOM software for iOS: DICOM is the digital standard for storing and transferring medical images. OsiriX HD allows downloading and manipulating series of images directly on your iOS device. OsiriX HD is capable of displaying images from all imaging modalities (ultrasound, CT scanner, MRI, PET, etc.) in their native standard DICOM format used by the medical/scientific industry. OsiriX HD is a fully DICOM-compliant listener that can receive images from any DICOM imaging device through WiFi/3G networks. It supports these DICOM Network protocols: C-STORE SCP, C-MOVE SCU, C-FIND SCU, C-GET SCU, WADO, DICOMweb.
This iOS app is designed to work seamlessly with any DICOM compatible software, including PACS, medical workstations, acquisition modalities. It also supports communications through the iOS built-in VPN for secure and encrypted connections.
OsiriX HD provides fast interactive image manipulation tools such as zoom, pan, cine and contrast adjustment of images through the multipoint touch screen interface.
The convenience of being able to access DICOM images remotely added to the fact that images can be previewed on the iPhone/iPad screen in a very effective and convenient way offers a new perspective for mobile teleradiology.
This iOS application can also be used as a helper application for other iOS applications: it allows to read DICOM datasets received by emails or in Safari, or to visualize DICOM datasets stored in DropBox folder, for example. It also supports a built-in URL scheme protocol (osirix://) for easy integration in RIS, HIS, or PACS environment.
- Display and browsing through large sets of images through an interactive slider
- Zoom and Pan and rotation of the images
- Contrast and intensity adjustment of image window and level
- Measurement of object sizes using a line measurement tool that can be set and adjusted
- Measurement of image content data using a circular region of interest tool that can be drawn and moved
- Multiplanar Reconstruction (MPR)
- DICOM compliant Listener
- DICOM Query and Retrieve (C-FIND SCU, C-GET SCU, C-MOVE SCU, WADO, DICOMweb)
- JPEG2000/JPEG DICOM support
- Preference settings for user DICOM communications
- Access to a DICOM source of images (PACS, DICOM-compatible software) through WiFi/3G network
- Images are limited to 1536x1536 pixels, bigger images are down-sampled.
- Not suitable for primary diagnosis.
The complete manual and technical specifications are available here:
Handheld Device Review of Abdominal CT for the Evaluation of Acute Appendicitis.
Choudhri AF, Carr TM 3rd, Ho CP, Stone JR, Gay SB, Lambert DL.
J Digit Imaging. 2011 Dec 7.
Initial experience with a handheld device digital imaging and communications in medicine viewer: OsiriX mobile on the iPhone.
Choudhri AF, Radvany MG.
J Digit Imaging. 2011 Apr;24(2):184-9.
Correction of bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Great update, still missing some things
Very much appreciate the recent update and the new features. Happily subscribed to support the app. Would still really appreciate at least a “flip image” option, as incoming images are often not oriented correctly.
It works, but less capable than free competitors.
I bought this app based on some stellar reviews posted online... Well, the most I can say is that it works, and is better than some of the abandonware DCIOM competitors or those who rely on you uploading your data to their servers, but it is non-intuitive and very limited in features. More one of those complacent offerings of someone who coasts by based on a reputation.
If you need something way better, runs locally, and and supports all hardware devices, check out IMAIOS DICOM Viewer. Not only is it way more capable, it’s also free.
Non-standard delete method
Since when in iOS is delete a double tap. Double tap isn’t even a standard iOS gesture. Delete standard is a swipe or long-touch for pop-up menu. And to casually add personal medical images, we have to pay 120 bucks a year? Have you not heard of casual users? Please come up with some reasonable alternatives - that’s highway robbery plain and simple!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pixmeo SARL
- 35.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2022 Pixmeo SARL
- In-App Purchases
- Full Features (Free Trial) $9.99
- Full Features (Upgrade) $9.99
- Full Features $9.99