“HKeMobility” is an all-in-one mobile application integrating TD’s 3 previous mobile applications (“Hong Kong eTransport”, “Hong Kong eRouting” and “eTraffic News”) with an enhanced user interface. It facilitates faster and more convenient search for routes of different transportation modes, journey time and fares, and disseminates real-time traffic news to enable the users to plan for the most appropriate travel arrangements. The key features of “HKeMobility” includes: -
1. An integrated route search for public transport driving and walking;
2. Real-time traffic and transport information;
3. Promoting walking by offering walking information for core shopping area of Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui;
4. Caring to people in need by offering barrier-free route information for core shopping area of Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui; and
5. Voice-over to special traffic news on rolling banner.
To provide ease of upgrading, users of “Hong Kong eTransport” app will be directly upgraded to “HKeMobility” app.
Similar to the previous “Hong Kong eTransport”, “HKeMobility” also provides Elderly Mode which offers an elderly friendly user interface which facilitates the elderly to use the public transport enquiry service.
This App requires iOS 8.0 or later
- fixed known issue
- from v4.11, provide on-street parking information
- from v4.10, provide Major Cycle Tracks and Parking Site information
- from v4.9, provide estimated time of arrival for franchised bus services of New World First Bus and Citybus. The data is sourced from open dataset supplied by the company and available for download at Data.gov.hk
Ratings and Reviews
Data good, performance poor
Data is the best. Google maps doesn’t show nearly as many options. But interface is VERY laggy, app is slow, needs other apps for some basic information (bus arrival time), and it doesn’t show your current location in the route overview screen (ie how do I get to the bus stop?). Should also order best routes to take NOW, not which is shortest assuming you catch the bus with perfect timing.
NEED iPhone 6 & 6 plus Resolution
Words are blurred and user-interface are too large on iPhone 6 & 6 plus. Optimised resolution for large screens is needed.
The only HK transit app you'll need
I used this on numerous occasions, and it was able to give me an efficient route back into the heart of the city from the most remote parts of Hong Kong. Gives you several options for routing, so you can choose based on cost, time, or the least amount of transfers. Incorporates information from all the major bus companies, ferries, and MTR. No need to download the individual apps from all those companies, this has all you need
- Transport Department of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 33.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transport Department, HKSAR Government
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.