Create floor plans simply with the camera of your mobile device. Scan a room in up to 30 seconds and build up complete floor plans in minutes. A floor plan is your starting point for included features like material & cost estimation, 3D models, and virtual tours.
• Create floor plans with the camera of your mobile device
• magicplan automatically detects and captures windows and doors
• Measure ceiling heights
• Draw floor plans
• Connect a laser distance meter via Bluetooth
• View plans in 2D and create 3D models
• Export plans as PDF, JPG, PNG, SVG, CSV, DXF
• Compatible with Excel, AutoCAD, and Chief Architect
• Furnish your plans with over 1000 objects (furnishing, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
• Create your own customized objects
• Synced Elevation view
• Create virtual tours with 360 panoramas
• Add photos and notes
• Get statistics automatically (distances, surroundings, surface)
• Estimate materials and costs with customized price lists
• Conduct surveys with customized questionnaires
• Backup floor plans or manage your team on the Cloud
magicplan is renowned worldwide:
• Downloaded by over 17 million users
• Best of the year 2012 and 2017
• #1 iPhone Utilities in 76 countries
• #1 iPad Utilities in 104 countries
• Every day the equivalent of a small city is mapped with magicplan
Training session available in English at https://www.magicplan.app/training/
magicplan is free to download and use on your device.
What has to be purchased:
• Some objects are locked.
• Getting PDF + JPG + 3D + Interactive Website + DXF + CVS + PNG + SVG.
• Commercial use.
• Buy: Purchase one floor plan at a time for $2.99.
• Subscription: While your subscription is active enjoy an unlimited usage for $9.99/month. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Supported laser distance meters:
• HILTI PD-I
• BOSCH GLM 50 C, GLM 50 CX, GLM 100 C, GLM 120 C, PLR 30C, PLR 40C, PLR 50C
• DeWalt DW03201
• Leica Disto D110, D510 (Europe), E7100i, E7500i (North America), D810, D1, D2, X3, X4, X
• Stabila LD520, LD250 BT
• WDM 8-14
magicplan technology is protected by multiple patents.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of the best User Interfaces in the world
I’ve been in tech since ‘83 and have used (survived) and seen plenty of “user friendly” apps in my day. Magicplan stands out because it’s good, very very good.
I didn’t use the camera to do my measurements and went right to the manual entry process to map out my entire house - walls, doors, windows, and some utilities. The best way for me to describe the user interface is to say it’s a natural workflow. Things are where you can get to them, they are when you need to get to them, and they allow modifications when appropriate. This adds up to a display that’s not packed with every option all the time which is crazy making. When you only see and interact with options when you need to see them and then can work them out easily then you understand the care and smarts put into the user experience. Oh and if you do something out of bounds it tells you why and you can make it work - “doors can only be added to rooms”.
The entire process was completed in under 90 minutes. A beautiful PDF was the result and my remote architect was impressed. He said the “as built” drawing will go very quickly with the Magicplan doc as the source, saving me time and money. I used the free product level and it did everything I needed. I’m going to upgrade and go for the paid features not because I need it, I’m going to pay to support these developers and reward excellent work.
Pretty awesome, but...
Being able to turn off the sound of the app without having to turn off the ringer of your phone would be really great. Also, when choosing colors for tiles/carpet, after purchasing a plan...why is white and grey not an option? If I'm doing tiles in my laundry room, I'm not going to use pink or green on the floor...it would be wonderful to include the full color spectrum for flooring, and maybe have a way to change wall colors/materials as well. I may want tiles on my shower walls rather than glass, but no option that I've found for doing so.
Having options for exterior siding, deck materials, etc would really be great as well. Seeing the house in 3D really helps me to visualize my ideas, and fix any fine tuning issues. But I have no way to tell if my deck or shed are going to work well with the rest of the space, as they do not show up in 3D mode.
All in all, I still really like using this app, it would get five stars in a heartbeat if these features were added :)
So simple to use oh my goodness. I used it to mock up finishing plans for our basement and the free stuff was enough to lay out the walls using AR. That alone was great. Took a screenshot and got a cheeky message about “violating their terms” haha.
I actually wanted more out of the app mainly the stuff behind the paywall (features in the rooms like furniture and fixtures) so I looked at their options. The monthly/annual is WAY too much. Unless you’re a contractor don’t buy that. BUUUUT they have an option to “purchase a property” which just lets you layout everything for an entire house that was only $3 (one time) which to me was well worth it.
That was BEFORE I even turned on the 3D rendering. I was expecting something hokey that didn’t really look like what I had thought but boy was I wrong. It brought my vision to LIFE. Way exceeded my expectations. If you’re DIY like me or even just want to visualize rearranging furniture this app is LEGIT; free or paid.
- Sensopia Inc.
- 171.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Sensopia inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Plan JPG/PDF/DXF $2.99
- 1 Plan (PDF, JPG, DXF, HTML) $2.99
- 10 Plans (PDF, JPG, DXF, HTML) $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.