The coast of Spain has almost 8000 kilometres, with over 3500 beaches, some of which are among the best beaches in the world. And the best way to plan your next beach trip is having all the information at hand.
With iPlaya you'll have a thorough guide to all Spanish beaches, including all their features and services available in them, accurate hourly weather forecast, exclusive drone footage, and users' reviews and photos to help you make your choice.
If you've already used iPlaya before, you'll notice we’re working hard to offer more and better contents.
We want to help you discover the perfect beach for you, so we include curated lists of beaches with photos, drone footage, and enhanced descriptions. And you can still search by name, navigate the lists of provinces and towns, and see the list of nearby beaches.
And of course your list of favorites is there for quick one-tap access.
The special lists include:
- “Discover”, which shows a compilation of beaches among the best in Spain with beautiful photos.
- “A seagul’s eye-view”, which lists all the beaches for which we’ve shot drone footage. This one will keep growing as we record more videos!
And there are more special lists coming!
The detail view for a beach is divided into 4 tabs:
- Summary, which gives you a general idea of the beach (the maximum UV index for the day is here among other data).
- Forecast, with hourly reports for temperature, sky conditions, water temperature, swell (wave height, period and direction), and wind (speed, direction, gusts). And daily reports for tides and astronomy data (sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset).
- Features, which includes a map showing the location of the beach and the distance from your current location (with the possibility of calculating the route to the beach by car or on foot, or launching the Maps app to get navigation). This section also includes a brief description of the beach, a list of general features (length, width, type of sand, etc.), a list of the main services available at the beach (showers, toilets, sports areas, etc.), information about accessing the beach and safety information.
- Ratings, which shows ratings, reviews and photos of the beach shared by users of the app. This is the section you can help grow by rating the beaches you know, writing reviews or uploading photos to share them with other users. (In order to send your ratings you must first login to your iPlaya account. Registering is super quick and easy!).
The Coastal areas section of the app is still there so you can explore swell forecasts for the following days with an animated map. Essential for boat trips.
Don't forget to 'starfish' your favorite beaches. The list will be available on your Apple Watch app so you'll get a summarized forecast on your wrist!
Get iPlaya now and enjoy your holidays!
iPlaya Premium includes:
• Hourly weather forecast for up to 10 days.
• Tide data for up to 10 days.
• Videos of some beaches, including dron footage.
• Additional contents that we keep creating: better beach descriptions, translations, new lists, etc.
iPlaya Premium is an auto-renewable subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew in your iTunes Account Settings. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
We've fixed an issue that made the app show wrong wind speed data. We've made some more improvements to our beach database.
Hey, it’s summer time! And that means iPlaya is once again filled with new features and improvements.
Maybe the biggest change you’ll notice is that there’s only one iPlaya now. It’s great, and it’s free. And it has several subscription options for those of you who want to make the most of the iPlaya experience.
We hope this change doesn’t give you any headaches. Unifying the apps makes everything simpler, from you deciding which one to download to us developing new features and doing maintenance of the apps. And that means we’ll be able to focus on THE app and produce more and better contents.
If you had bought iPlaya+ in the past, you’ll enjoy the full version of the app with all the Premium features and content for some time, and we’ll offer you a special subscription price whenever you feel ready to plunge into the app.
That’s great. But what’s the real news?
Well, there are some features that we think you’re going to love:
- Premium users now get hourly forecasts for 10 days. Seriously. How awesome is that?
- Tide data is now more precise, and also for 10 days. Great for planning a trip!
- We keep including videos of beaches. Little by little. EIGHT. THOUSAND. KILOMETERS. And carrying two kids with us. We do what we can.
- We’re writing better beach descriptions, and we’re translating more and more of them to English. Also little by little.
- We’ve redesigned the Forecast section to give you MORE information and make it easier to read. We’ve also improved accessibility.
- We’ve improved the interface of the app on iPad. Now it looks beautiful on big screens.
- And we’ve made lots of small improvements that will make using the app a delight.
Thank you so much for all your emails. We really appreciate your suggestions and your encouragement, and we LOVE reading about how the app helps you. We truly hope you enjoy all the improvements and new contents. We’ve made them with love (and lots of hours).
Please, rate the beaches you know to help other users make a better choice!
As always, feel free to contact us with any doubts or suggestions at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
- Gloria Latorre Lario
- 56.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Gloria Latorre
- In-App Purchases
- Flexible $0.99
- Money-saving $5.49
- iPlaya with love $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.