Kalkyl is just a really good calculator.
• Optimized for quick calculations.
• Simple and intuitive design.
• Haptic feedback (on supported devices).
• Undo and Redo support (shake to Undo).
• Keyboard trackpad mode using 3D Touch, or Haptic Touch (on supported devices), or two fingers on iPad.
• Basic graphing.
• Properly localized number formatting.
• App-wide dynamic type support.
• Greatly improved Light theme.
• Optimized pipeline to remove all input lag.
Kalkyl becomes even more Pro
• Dark- or Light-mode, with system override (iOS 13+).
• UI improvements.
• Improved Haptics.
• You can now disable nudges under Settings.
• Floating keyboard support on iPad.
• Custom, fine-tuned trackpad-mode for iPhones with Haptic Touch.
The new Kalkyl Pro subscription also unlocks:
• Length and time unit conversions.
• A custom light app icon.
• Always up-to-date currency conversions.
• Aggregate unit conversions, such as USD/ft² to EUR/m².
• Calculation history.
• … and there's more to come.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of the best, but please have an option for dark mode even when iOS 13’s dark mode is off
This is one of the most straightforward and useful calculator apps I’ve ever used, but can you guys please add back an option for the Kalkyl app to be dark mode independently of iOS 13’s Light or Dark mode?
Prior to iOS 13 the Kalkyl app always had a dark background and I loved it but now it changes to a light background based on the system’s dark or light mode.
The light mode makes the app less appealing and harder to use for me, so I would appreciate it if we got a manual toggle for independent dark mode on Kalkyl.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for feedback!
I’m considering adding a toggle for this in an later update. 🤞🏻
The most intuitive and well-rounded calculator app for both iOS and iPadOS.
Kalkyl is a one of a kind app. All of Apple’s products revolve around one font: San Francisco. I have tried other calculator apps, but their ugly fonts just don’t fit in. I have tried a different calculator app for my iPad, but it had ads. Kalkyl has no ads, and it looks very nice when paired with other Apple apps. The app has all of the features of the regular Apple calculator, and you can opt to pay $4.99 USD yearly to get a pro version, which comes with a choice of two app icons, currency conversion, and more. nordic io, you did a wonderful job. I have nothing negative to say about your wonderful app. The inclusion of graphs and the iPad keyboard-esque flick of a key to get more options makes it truly, the best calculator app for iOS and iPadOS. Something that you can do to really make this the best app would to give it Apple Watch support. I know it would take a long time to make it with Xcode, but all of the Apple Watch users out there would really enjoy it. You guys did a wonderful job.
Great App One Flaw
Overall this is a great calculator that I would definitely recommend, especially because it’s free! As another reviewer said I liked it so much that I deleted the default one. The only flaw is that the shake to undo is finicky at best. Other than that, amazing app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! 😊
I believe the shake to undo issues you were seeing got fixed in the 2.6 update. If not please reach out via the app.
- nordic io AB
- 11.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 nordic io AB
- In-App Purchases
- Kalkyl Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.