Tortuba is a logbook you will love to fill, with its playful and simple design.
More than a logbook, it helps you identify marine species and tell your stories of underwater encounters, whether you were snorkeling or scuba diving.
You can even keep your paper logbook along with this one if you don’t feel like replacing it just yet and use it for the offline species database.
We want you to keep beautiful memories of those fascinating marine species, have fun collecting them, and be proud to share them.
Why? Because that’s the best way to inspire people, bring the Ocean to them, and raise awareness about the marine species you so dearly care about.
You can make a difference with your dives. We’ll help you.
Don’t just keep your dive number growing; keep the number of people you inspired growing too.
- Simple and playful design
- Works offline
- Lots of parameters: duration, depth, air, site, buddies, conditions, and much more
- Ask teammates/instructors to sign your logbook and take a picture of their stamp
- Identification of 10 000 species per type/body shape, scientific or common name
- photos that you can use to illustrate your logbook and always remember the species you encountered
- Writing coach - let the toothy William Shakespeare help you remember and put together your memories
- Always remember the fish you saw and where you saw it - you can even give them nicknames if you got really familiar (well, we often do… are we crazy?)
- Add teammates (or anyone really) to your dive - even if it’s just a nickname
DID YOU EVER…
- meet the writer’s block, or entirely give up writing your logbook?
- forget what the fish you enjoyed so much was called, or even looked like?
- want to take a short break at work and immerse yourself in your last souvenirs?
- come back with 10.000 photos & videos without knowing what to do with them?
- wish you didn’t have to carry 10kg of books to identify fishes?
- want to know where to spot a given fish?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should give Tortuba a try :)
A new beginning! After 3 years without an update, this version is a stepping stone to its future.
• Tortuba is now exclusively available on Apple devices
• All core components were updated to be compatible with iOS 14
• The app is 25% lighter
• The web app closed, but previously synced data will remain on your device
• The old look & feel remains the same… for now!
Ratings and Reviews
The best log book for diving / snorkeling
This is the best dive log app!
I have been using this app on all my trips for over a year now and it is so useful to identify and keep track of the species we encountered.
Also I love the guide books they added in the latest update!
Makes logging easier
Everything works pretty well. I could not seem to change "bar" to "psi". I have not tried to load pictures, but the idea is exciting. I will continue to use this format.
Developer Response ,
Hi, you can change "bar" to "psi": just tap on the units (when it's not hidden by the end cursor). This works in all views, and toggles between metric/us units systems for the whole dive parameters. Thanks for your review!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 97.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Goodwhale
- In-App Purchases
- Lembeh Strait $9.99
- Bunaken $9.99
- Roatan-Bays island $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.