Building upon the global success of 60 million+ downloads of PDF Reader series, Kdan Mobile has taken a step forward to migrate the technology to Apple’s Mac platform. Covering all the essentials and more, PDF Reader is one of the world’s leading PDF solutions across any Apple device. Its expert features allow you to view, annotate, combine, compress, organize and sign PDFs with ease. Now you can efficiently work with PDFs on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Winner of the 2020 High Performer award in the File Reader Software category on G2 Crowd.
- Featured as one of the “Best PDF readers for Mac of 2020” apps on Techradar.
- Productivity: Top 10 free apps in the USA, Germany, China, Brazil, UK and many other stores.
• Edit text contents in PDFs without turning them back to the original file format
• Replace, add, or delete text directly
• Support to change font size and color
• Compress the file size of PDFs
• Combine & split PDFs
• Protect PDFs with passwords and watermarks
• Create fillable PDF forms
• Multi-tab viewing
• View BOTA (Bookmark, Outline, Thumbnail, Annotation) Summary
• View PDF in single page or double page view.
• Dark mode supported (available for macOS Mojave and later)
• Highlight, underline, and strikeout text
• Add shapes, sticky notes, and text boxes
• PDF signature & form filling
• Add stamps indicating time and date information
• Insert hyperlinks to external websites, target pages, and email address
• Two operating modes – File Viewer & Management
• Create PDF from connected scanner and iOS devices
• Create shortcuts to import local folders connecting with PDF Reader
• Organize PDF files with tags
KDAN CLOUD SERVICES – SIGN UP FOR FREE
• View PDFs online by sending file links.
• Upload and manage files directly from your browser.
• Send download links from the web with password protection.
IN-APP PURCHASE (FREE TRIAL AVAILABLE)
Convert, edit, and sync PDFs on the go by subscribing to Kdan Mobile’s Document 365 services. Work with PDFs across all devices and platforms with ease.
WHAT IS DOCUMENT 365?
Document 365 is a comprehensive, cross-device document solution aimed at improving your productivity. The PDF document solution includes Kdan's best PDF Reader mobile and desktop apps along with online converting and faxing services. With document 365, you can leverage your productivity every day. And it starts now.
PREMIUM PDF FEATURES
• Full access to PDF Reader all versions, including iOS, Mac, and more
• View multiple PDFs as tabs
• OCR Converter (Perform OCR on scanner PDFs)
• Convert and fax documents online
• Batch encrypting PDF documents
• Change PDF background
• Apply bates number to PDF pages
• Customize PDF with headers, footers, and page numbers
• Rotate, rearrange, add, & delete PDF pages
• Add PDF watermark, merge & split
• Night reading mode
• 1 TB storage space on Kdan Cloud
FREE TRIAL DETAILS
- Try out the subscription content before you buy it. We offer 7-day and 14-day free trial periods to new subscribers of Document 365.
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the present subscription price. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://auth.kdanmobile.com/articles/terms_of_service
Got a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out https//support.kdanmobile.com
Creat PDF Forms
■ Support to align and distribute form objects
■ Set properties for the form objects, including appearance and preferences
■ Convert PDF to Word and other file formats directly on your Mac
■ Suport PDF to Microsoft Office, text, HTML, and image conversions
■ Added the new Standard license that you can enjoy the editing tools in PDF Reader Mac for life
■ Replace, edit, add or delete text directly in PDFs without converting them back to the original file format.
■ You can edit contents by deleting or overwriting the mistake, adjusting alignment, changing the font size, and replacing the font color.
■ We launched 50+ free PDF Templates to help make your work done faster and smarter.
■ Support to save and print PDFs with more options of paper size, including Poster, Multiple, Booklet.
■ Overall stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Its OK but...
Im no fan of Adobe, so I tried this alternative but its lacking in some basic features.
This does do basic virewing and printing of complete files acceptabley, But…
It wont let me print a custom list of pages like Adobe does, Like Print Pages 1,4,7, 12-20, 72. Instead I would have to print each of those pages or ranges, one at a time.
First, it starts off im Thumbnail mode all the time, cant seem to turn that off as a startup feature. Only developers need theumbnail mode, the rest of us just want to view pages in as full a screen real estate as possible. Also, the search feature is weird - it presents the hourglass for several seconds as you beging to type the first letter or letters of the search word, and it crashes ofetn after one or more searches. It doesnt highlight the search results on the viewable page, instead it opens a search results thumbnail list on the left of the scren even though search box is on the right and displayed page is in the middle.
Also, there should be a navigation pane that displays current page number and first and last page number that lets you quickly navigate to top, bottom or a specific page number.
Developer Response ,
Hi HomeDocNY, Thanks for your review. You can export select pages as a new PDF and print as one. Here is a tutorial https://support.kdanmobile.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000608514-How-to-Export-Selected-Pages-as-a-New-Separate-PDF.
Also, for the thumbnail mode as you referring to when it displays the list of files? If so there is a thumbnail and list icon in the bottom right-hand corner, just click the list icon to switch the viewing mode, if you are referring to something else, please kindly email us at email@example.com with more details and we'd be happy to assist you.
Squirrely, but manageable
This program mostly does what I need it to do for free. I just needed to annotate my PDF calendar that I distribute. It does basic functions, but when it comes to editing, it's SUPER SQUIRRELY!! Trying to edit annotations that previously been added to the calendar is SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!! As soon as you click on text items, even to move it, it automatically changes the text font and size, which then requires me to reset the font and size for every item I have to move. For lines and shapes, if I modify them, they automatically move to another location on the document (the same location every time) and I have to move them back. Thats rediculous. I would pay money to unlock additional features, but not for an application that's so unrefined.
Developer Response ,
Hi There, thanks for your review. We'd like to hear more kind suggestions from you to help us improve the app. We are happy to hear more from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
great but would be even better w some improvements
i switched from adobe to this app because of how slow adobe became on my mac even tho it's updated to the latest version. I solely used it to view my textbooks and do some little highlighting here and there, sometimes printing but not musch really. AND, let me tell you, the moment i launched this app, it felt so fast compared to adobe. also, it felt so intuitive and way easier to use for someone who doesn't know much about how pdf readers work. What i love about it is the different colors of highlight i can pin on the toolbar and switch from and how it doesn't crash or lag obvs. tho, some improvements for features could go a long way such as improving the pen tool and the drawing tools in general because when i freely draw a line or insert a shape it takes a while to appear on the screen and sometimes i have to close and reopen the app to see it after saving it. also, more printing options could be better as well because the printing box has fewer options than adobe's to be used for printing.
Developer Response ,
Hello Hébâ, thank you so much for rooting for us! We will definitely continue optimizing our app to provide a better service for you. :) For the save issue, you could use "⌘command + S" to easily save the edited file. If you choose to "Automatically save the change when closing a document" in PDF Reader > Preference for setting, any change will be auto-saved! Please feel free to give it a try. For more tutorial article, please visit our Knowledge Base, https://support.kdanmobile.com/hc/en-us/categories/204531528-. Moreover, could you please let us know more detail regarding the pen tool and drawing tool? Please contact us at email@example.com with your device information, OS system, does this issue happen to all files and will it also happen in built-in "Preview"on Mac, thank you!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 31.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Document 365 $59.99
- Document 365 $19.99
- Permanent License $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.