**To celebrate becoming universal apps, all 3 books are FREE for a limited time **
Created by a doctor for children learning to read, this exciting adventure story is packed full with gadgets, robots, spies, twists and turns.
"These books are a must-download now for anyone in education or with kids who need a little more support with reading." - Smart Apps For Kids
“This is a great adventure book that includes over 80 pages and simple vocabulary for children.” - appPicker
Recommended by Dyslexia Help - http://dyslexiahelp.umich.edu
* Books 1 & 2 have >90 pages each, book 3 has >150 pages!
* Over 50,000 downloads of Spy Sam Reading Books!
Follow us on twitter @SpySamReading for updates
- Over 90 pages
- Aimed at 5-7 year olds
- Simple vocabulary, using many of the first 100 words taught in many primary schools (KS1).
- No more than 8 words per page.
- Interactivity around the words, rather than the pictures, to concentrate the child's focus on reading.
- Interactive elements help with sounding out digraphs and split digraphs (eg 'oo' in 'look' and the 'e' in 'bike') - iPad only
- Buttons and numbers to press to promote understanding.
- Blue background to improve readability for children with dyslexia.
- No swipe to turn page, to reduce accidental page turning and enable flip-book style changes to images on page.
- Simple colourful drawings.
- No page numbers - so the child is not put off by how many pages there is left to read.
- Please note, this app does not read out the words for the child. It has been designed to be read and enjoyed with an adult.
- Exciting storyline with multiple cliffhangers to motivate the child to continue reading.
- No in-app purchases
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Now a universal app - read it on your iPhone, iPod or iPad! (requires iOS 7 or higher)
Story expanded with a few new pages at the start.
The sample to book 2 is still there, it now follows on at the end of book 1.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I never leave reviews!!
I never leave reviews because I simply don't make time for it. But I absolutely had to leave one for spy sams! My struggling first grade reader has a ton of level one books. It's a fight getting him to read. These books are the only thing he loves reading and we fight to turn off the iPad and stop reading spy sam now. My biggest problem with these books is that I need more! Please come out with new ones.. just a perfect beginning reader book that is simple enough yet so fun for the kids to read. My son laughs and is so into the story lines. Bravo.. great job! Please keep them coming!!!
Bravo to Mathew Cordingly for creating these wonderful books! I’m trying to help an 80-year old man learn to read and it’s delightful for both of us to have found Spy Sam. The vocabulary in these readers is simple and builds upon itself, the visual clues are helpful, the engagement involved in turning a page by reading a word then tapping the appropriate drawing is very satisfying, and the suspense built into the story is an immense motivator.
And all for free? What an immense public service!
We have been searching for mystery/spy books for early readers. Well done, this one is exceptional. Slightly interactive fun. Mysterious graphics. Challenging words. My son is excited about the next one to be released.
Please keep going and growing!
Regards, a six year old boys mother
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.